Notices

Closed Thread
ok thanks a lot Scorpius

if you come to indonesia just call me,,,i will treat you,hahaha

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Northern Italy
What happens after the first free year of use? I'm fairly sure I've been using whatsapp for more than a year, but Yappari keeps working. I'm not sure if the use of an alternate client is allowing me to bypass the $1 charge (which I wouldn't really mind paying) or what.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Fallingwater View Post
What happens after the first free year of use? I'm fairly sure I've been using whatsapp for more than a year, but Yappari keeps working. I'm not sure if the use of an alternate client is allowing me to bypass the $1 charge (which I wouldn't really mind paying) or what.
Check your expiration date inside the yappari.conf. Found at /home/user/.config/scorpius.

The code is a unix timestamp wich you convert here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

If you need to pay without using an android phone or bluestacks Scorpius got the right solution for you

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Northern Italy
Weird... it gives me the fourth of february 2014 as the expiration date. This can't possibly be right - the service is supposed to be free for one year, and had I signed up for whatsapp today it'd still be too long. Not that I'm complaining, mind you... just trying to make sense of it.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by Fallingwater View Post
Weird... it gives me the fourth of february 2014 as the expiration date. This can't possibly be right - the service is supposed to be free for one year, and had I signed up for whatsapp today it'd still be too long. Not that I'm complaining, mind you... just trying to make sense of it.
It depends on way too many factors the people that registered using an iPhone got 10 years for example.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
This multimedia messages bug starting to anoy me
Have found any clue to solve this bug, scorpius?

The Following User Says Thank You to sLumPia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Nope, I don't have a clue what's causing it.

EDIT: One of the main reasons for Yappari to go OpenSource is that somebody with way too much free time in his/her hands can at least know why it is caused. The main problem of this bug is that it is not Yappari's fault: the image comes corrupted from WhatsApp Inc. servers. Why doesn't it happen to official clients? Or: does it happen to official clients as well but they handled it differently?

The only way I have thought to fix it is to write a very complex program that sniffs an official client, decode all the packets, and show a debugging log in a screen. That would take me MONTHS or YEARS, so I'm not doing it.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-01-30 at 18:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
One of the main reasons for Yappari to go OpenSource is that somebody with way too much free time in his/her hands can at least know why it is caused.
About that, I've been trying to find the source code, but I failed multiple times. I'm not too familiar with repositories, so. I don't think I can be of much help, but I'm very curious.
Could you post me a link to the source code?

I'd rather not use the devel repositories on my phone, I prefer downloading it straight onto my computer if possible

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
How does Wazapp handle multimedia? maybe you can look over there for some clues, it did go open source if i remember well.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp