Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
SGS4 announcment!

Live event from NYC. starting NOW. Wake up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...sX7_QI#t=1705s

Lets see if samsung lost its magic!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-03-14 at 23:19.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Pakistan
meh....

I deem the Smart Scroll feature the only good thing I like in S4.

meh....

Tutorial - OpenVPN for N9

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Pakistan
Keep adding more carbon to the plastic polymer.

#SLogic

Tutorial - OpenVPN for N9

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
plastic and useless features. going to sell 25 million next quarter.

Looks like any Android users should preorder the HTC One, which is the superior phone IMHO. Supplies of the ONE are already in doubt, and I think that a bunch of people just made up their minds that the S4 is just too close to the S3.

This sameness by Samsung is also good for BB10 devices and, ahem, Jolla's SailfishOS.

People said the same thing about the GS3 and that did great, samsung is just in a good spot, they have the mind share, they have the money to toss at advertising, and they sell a ton of phones because of it. The S features are great for adds, not so much for real life.

Sadly its more about marketing and mindshare, than the phone itself

The Following User Says Thank You to waldo For This Useful Post:
Great move by Samsung!

Innovate just enough to be competitive, market the hell out of the rest.
When this time next year comes, they'll be able to add innovations which they purposely kept from this release.

Watch the $$$ pour in. Rinse, repeat.

I'm flattered

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Looks like any Android users should preorder the HTC One, which is the superior phone IMHO. Supplies of the ONE are already in doubt, and I think that a bunch of people just made up their minds that the S4 is just too close to the S3.

This sameness by Samsung is also good for BB10 devices and, ahem, Jolla's SailfishOS.
If I was in the market, I would get The One instead.
But it has to have an unlocked bootloader, and just few enough hurdles so it could be tinkered with.

Ofcourse, the loss of the microSD and removable battery will be a big shift in my eyes. As well as the MultiWindow feature I've come to rely upon.

Oh, who am I kidding... another failure from HTC, lame attempt with the S4, I'll be clinging on to the NOTE.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
If I was in the market, I would get The One instead.
But it has to have an unlocked bootloader, and just few enough hurdles so it could be tinkered with.

Ofcourse, the loss of the microSD and removable battery will be a big shift in my eyes. As well as the MultiWindow feature I've come to rely upon.

Oh, who am I kidding... another failure from HTC, lame attempt with the S4, I'll be clinging on to the NOTE.
Well, there is a version of the ONE that has an unlocked bootloader, so please tell me there'd be hope of putting maemo, Harmattan, or Sailfish on it.

I feel so uninspired by the S4's design, though some of the gimmicks seem okay.

I guess it's lucky I still am happy with the N9, though I'll take a long look at the One when it hits stores.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Istanbul TURKEY
What a fantastic phone from Samsung. But how much is it, that's the question for me

Tags
8-core, s-translator