Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
I am having an issue with my memory card (1GB Sandisk). I can read it just fine, but when I go to the control panel > memory it takes forever for it to register after I tap on the memory card tab. When it finally does show up it says it is 99% used, but it shows that there is 810.2 MB available. When I try to go to the Virtual tab it will not load. This happened when I first installed with the memory card out, and with a reflash with the memory card in.

Any ideas?

I had the same issue with the same card... I tried running the Unix "du" command on my memory card and received errors with many files in the "System Volume Information" directory. (This is a hidden directory created by Windows.) I tried to delete the files in the directory, but received errors about the card being a read only device or something like that. I decided to reformat the card and tried to do it from the 770's File Manager, but received an error. At that point my memory card was not accessible. I then connected my 770 to my desktop (Windows XP), was prompted that the card was not formatted and asked if I wanted to format. I formatted the card and everything has worked great ever since.

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Nantes (France)
Are you both running the beta or the official release? Since I've installed the official version, things are going better with my 1GB Transcend MMC card.

2 things I've noticed: I can't rename the card and I've got 2 entries in /media (/media/mmc1 and /media/mmc2). Have you noticed the same?

Laurent.

I diagnosed and fixed my problem while using the beta, but I had issues with the memory control panel with the 2005 OS...

I haven't installed the official release yet. (Planned for later today) I do have the mmc1 and mmc2 directories with the beta.

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bethesda, MD
I had not loaded the BETA
Just installed 2006 Official with my SanDisk 1GB RE-MMC and have ZERO issues. Working flawless and is being read perfectly in TOOLS>CONTROL MANAGER> MEMORY. Also, I did install new OS with card inserted

BB 8330 w/ SPRINT

NOKIA 770 w/ OS 2006
1 GB SanDisk RS-MMC

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
I tried with the BETA and the official release. It was named mmc1 and mmc2 in both the BETA and the official release. For some reason my PC and 770 will not talk through USB, except when I flash. Now when I look at memory it says there is > 4 GB of data on it.

I just tried my 64 MB card that came with the 770 and it works fine when I look at memory, but my PC still does not recognize the 770 when I connect via USB. I think I will try to reformat my 1GB card some other way.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated - thanks for the info MikeB.

Update:
I was able to revert to the 2005OS and using wolfram's extrootfs suite I reformatted the card. That went fine. I then went back to the 2006OS and the card seems to be behaving just fine. I still cannot access it via my PC through the USB port. I am now creating 64MB of virtual memory, and that seems to be going just fine.

Another update:
It was unable to create the virtual memory on the card. It went all the way through and then it gave me the error. Back to the drawing board.

YAU:
OK - a reboot fixed that problem... Now I cannot connect to Gmail...

Last edited by johsua; 2006-07-02 at 01:34. Reason: update