Originally Posted by r0eladn View Post
. ------> . -----> . -----> .

factory to main warehouse europe.
- china in seacontainers to europe = 2 - 3 weeks
- finland to main warehouse in europe. truck/boat, around 1 week tops.
I hope they take the airway direct to the countries

The Following User Says Thank You to slaxium For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dccupp View Post
I went to ask jimmy. He said WTF N900? He then offered to sell me what he had in stock. I don't know why he tried to sell me a brick. Hmmmm....
lol thats jimmy

Originally Posted by r0eladn View Post
so shipping has started. so from 1 point to another there are ships/planes/trucks leaving to another point.

hmm . interesting

. ------> . -----> . -----> .

factory to main warehouse europe.
- china in seacontainers to europe = 2 - 3 weeks
Err...

1) If Nokia waited till now to move the product from China (though I think they're being made in Korea not China) I can easily say they have the worst logistical plans from any electronic company I have bought products from. There is no excuse for that (unless it's a manufacturing problem). Now new shipments of the product once the intial stockpile in the warehouses diminishes, that I understand.

2) Why would they be moved to Finland? Wouldn't they ship them directly to the country where they are being sold? Unless they're stress testing each one of them.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-11-10 at 22:28.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
no its one of the two. what i understood was that the units are manufactured in asia/finland. still all speculation my post.

Now we even have "experts" here who know that they ship from CHINA to Finland? Stop guessing what you don't know!

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Southend On Sea , Uk
We all use the term shipping but i don't think in this case they will be using actuall ships to deliver our precious to us . More like 747 cargo .

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by MNX1024 View Post
I just use Newegg's live chat.

Like I said, you people who pre-order, you better start pestering them about it. Also, I don't mind people who haven't pre-order it from Newegg to help out .
The only question that really matters is, do they have them? If they don't, you can pester them all you want to. The leverage you have is that they had 11/14 when you ordered and now it is pushed back. I'll bolt if it comes up anywhere else for close to the same $$$.

Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
I just spoke had a chat session with a sales Rep from Newegg and she seems clueless about the whole thing, saying the 30th of this Month is the date given to them by Nokia. I showed her the Nokia's press release announcing the commencement of shipment for the N900, after which she promised to get back to me via email since she doesn't have much info atm to furnish me with
For a communications device company, their communications on all media ain't worth a SH*T! Their reps don't know crap, their marketing people don't know crap, their website don't know crap!

Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
i will take it you spoke to viola ? Yes, the reps at newegg are clueless
I talked to them on the phone about a week ago and it was a waste of time.

More lies. Apple business model is to pay fake journalists to make biased reviews. This is really annoying.
http://www.businessweek.com/globalbi...110_524881.htm

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange