It is solely your decision to stand unique or mix in the crowd of devices that have some zillion farting apps for it !!! The nokia n9 is as unique as it can get coz there is neither a predecessor to it nor will there be a successor to it !! Bt in case of any other device there is always a newer model every year !!!
Choice is yours !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to omar451451 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by omar451451 View Post
It is solely your decision to stand unique or mix in the crowd of devices that have some zillion farting apps for it !!! The nokia n9 is as unique as it can get coz there is neither a predecessor to it nor will there be a successor to it !! Bt in case of any other device there is always a newer model every year !!!
Choice is yours !!!
N900 is the N9's predecessor..

But otherwise you are right

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

I just got the SGS3 and it's sweet. OS is clunky (hey, it's android) but it's a nice toy to swap SIMs with my N9 (much better OS) and Pre3 (much better HMI).

Third time's the charm:

Samsung (Galaxy) NOTE.
(aka The Beast or n7k).

Beast + CFW + TPUkickstand = Worthy N950 successor.

I'm flattered

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
if all you want is PHONE + BROWSE + APPS (not an unlimited number, but enough to fill up your phone...) why not going for an E7 or C7?
i explicitly put x7 devices because from the top of my head that the two with a HW kbd and if you want to browse seriously, even only entering (serous) search queries in Google & Co without it...
Seriously, after using the on-screen keyboard on the Note, (Swype mostly, but even the standard one) the HWKB on my dear N900 feels fiddly and awkward. I thought I'd miss it terribly and this was my major concern before making the change but I've no regrets whatsoever.

Originally Posted by Hootenholler View Post
Seriously, after using the on-screen keyboard on the Note, (Swype mostly, but even the standard one) the HWKB on my dear N900 feels fiddly and awkward. I thought I'd miss it terribly and this was my major concern before making the change but I've no regrets whatsoever.
we'll have to agree to disagree here, i'm afraid
tried out the swipe features on the N8
no regrets not switching
i think everyone has to try it out and make up her or his mind.

Tags
android n9