Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
I reflashed back to Bora. Unfortunately the new xkbd still was "buggy" on Chinook. The latest versions of DOSBox, xkbd, and RubyBox don't install on Bora though. But the older xkbd works great.
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Okay, you can forget that last request ArnimS.

I got the keyboard to fit perfectly now.

To launch my custom xkbd file from the left side it's:
xkbd -geometry +65536+65536 -k /media/mmc2/x.xkbd

To launch from the right it's:
xkbd -geometry +722+65536 -k /media/mmc2/x.xkbd

I did have to change the "Minimize" key to "Exit" because when the keyboard resized, something funky would happen with the text input.

So yeah, I'm totally pumped about this latest version!

Sorry to hear about your troubles OSEmutech. As long as you're not launching Dosbox in full screen mode, I don't know what could be wrong on your end in regards to Xkbd.

I've got basically a fresh 2008 OS installed just like you but I'm not having any problems that I'm seeing.

If I run into a bug that you're finding, I'll give you a post back here.

Until then, I'll be enjoying this newest build immensely and intensely. (That sounded a little sick didn't it?)

So if I play a game on DOSbox, I need to install xkbd for keyboard support? ANd will it have some sort of save state option?

OSEmuTech, RubyBox should work fine with Bora if you install the bora version of ruby-maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
-geometry +65536+65536
Clever. Works great here too. (I prefer +65536+60). Thanks Addison.

Edit: ok yeah it's still flaky. The '-' key not working, shift key generates wrong characters and breaks subsequent input.

Edit, there's some kind of ability to power-down apps and save some kind of state in maemo. I don't know if it can totally save a program state to disk for restoring later.

Last edited by ArnimS; 2008-03-05 at 08:44.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Hey guys, I apologize if I'm asking a question that's already been answered, but I haven't been able to find it in the forums...

Is there any way to adjust the font size of DOSBOX's display? It doesn't look like it's using the entire width of the screen and it would be much easier on my old eyes if I could expand the font size.

Thanks!

Last edited by DistantFire; 2008-03-07 at 13:40. Reason: typo

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
OSEmuTech, RubyBox should work fine with Bora if you install the bora version of ruby-maemo.
Thanks. Would you happen to know where to get Ruby for Bora? http://gronmayer.com/it/ isn't showing anything available for OS 2007.
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Yes. Especially for those pesky function-keys.
And it should be possible to fix dos keymaps for different N810 keyboard language layouts. This seems to be a missing feature in the OS2008 libSDL1.2 but I'm not sure. If anyone makes a mapper.txt fixup for their N810 keyboard please post here.
Could you elaborate on this please Arnim ?

I have a French (AZERTY) N810 and it is not very usable as it is in Dosbox.

Letters and numbers (with Fn) are OK, but all other characters (punctuation etc.) are off, at least two keys at the lower right are totally inert, and some rather essential symbols for MS-DOS are missing (like dot, star and slash :-).

Strangely, if I issue the KEYB FR command, the letter keys are shifted to a QWERTY layout (!). The others are still off, but in different ways, so the missing symbols differ...

The fun thing is that you can get at the symbols from the missing fourth row of the keyboard (those with the numbers) by "chording" Fn-Shift-top row keys. Fun, but not very usable :-)

Any pointers to how I could try to correct some of this using a "mapper.txt", or even make some function keys ?

TIA,
fp

Originally Posted by OSEmuTech View Post
Thanks. Would you happen to know where to get Ruby for Bora? http://gronmayer.com/it/ isn't showing anything available for OS 2007.
Arnims promised to host them soon but pm me if you are in a hurry.

Last edited by ukki; 2008-03-07 at 08:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Ok have mirrored ruby files.

http://pupnik.de/ruby.html

Links also to other sites with more maemo ruby stuff at bottom.

"They can't put the maemo-ruby genie back in the bottle"