Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
hey guys,
how do i share files on the network from my N900? i would like to share a few folders just like on the PCs machine. A folder sharing option that all the network computer can see and download from.

i've done this similar thing on the N95 and N93i. All allow to do a file sharing for Home network. I think. N900 should be much better in doing so since it's a debian system.

please let me know. thank you.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
bumping! any one?

Also the reverse - being able to access files and directories on my PC. Having to bluetooth is a pain. Having to plug in the cable works fine except for the memory card that keeps corrupting and going into read only and needing repair - causing the phone not to work etc.

Originally Posted by pieter_jh View Post
Also the reverse - being able to access files and directories on my PC. Having to bluetooth is a pain. Having to plug in the cable works fine except for the memory card that keeps corrupting and going into read only and needing repair - causing the phone not to work etc.
I believe if you search for 'SMB' or 'samba' you can find threads that cover what is and isn't currently available on the n900 for accessing windows shares. this thread is one I came across while looking for similar info.

hth