Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Very nice post, qwazix, but now that most of us are getting the PR1.3 update, how can you explain my phone pops up showing a update for the facebook native client from 1.2.40+0m7 to 1.3.2+0m8? since 1.3.2 > 1.2.40 what's the need to increase 0m7 to 0m8?
It could just be that there were multiple 1.3.2+0mX versions internally compiled and tested in Nokia, and we only saw it when they were happy with the eighth version, so the version made public is 1.3.2+0m8. In other words, it might just be coincidence that it seemingly went from Xm7 to Ym8, and it could just as easily have been version 1.3.2+0m4 that was released.

Last edited by pelago; 2012-07-04 at 10:07.

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
It could just be that there were multiple 1.3.2+0mX versions internally compiled and tested in Nokia, and we only saw it when they were happy with the eighth version, so the version made public is 1.3.2+0m8.
Though debian/changelog should mention all intermediate versions, even if not released.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by lma View Post
In the above examples 1.00 is the upstream version and m4-m8 are distinct Maemo versions based on that release. The number following the m has nothing to do with the underlying OS, it's just a monotonically increasing sub-version number. See http://wiki.maemo.org/Packaging/Guid...n_of_a_package.
But then why Nokia starts new applications for Harmattan directly assigning it the 0m6-0m7? Nokia link is a new app wich doesn't exist for previous OS, and the first version was 0.1.12+0m6, why not 0m1? It's coincidence they have 5 internal testing packages? I don't think so, must be something related to the OS, the way they packaged it or the way they interact with the OS (compatibility reasons etc)

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I think you're reading too much into it.