Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
no problems with the music player! works fine!

I have a question ...

Can I be notified about the caller to repeat 2-3 times?

for example. as I understand you use the following command:
Code:
qdbus com.mikeasoft.rockwatch /rockwatch showSMS "INCOMING CALL " "$name"
is it possible to do so:
Code:
sleep 2
sleep 2
So watch us repeat several times, it will be a little more like how they inform on android smartphones...

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
While I'm pretty sure that something like "updating the Bluetooth stack on the N9" is a bit far reaching of a feature request, would it help this effort if there was some kind of configuration option/setting that would update the Bluetooth stack (Bluez I keep reading does this) enabling more/other wearables to be supported for basic connectivity (just notifications and firmware updating, not everything that I talked about at Together.Jolla)?

I found this: Gato - would that be something possible to implement - and then offer in a kind of paid-update* to RW?

Saying "no" is ok. I like this project, and am always up for supporting those efforts that I like and which make UX sense.

*yes, I'm pretty adamant about asking for the kinds of features that enables this to be more than just a shared hobby itch. Its a heck of a package, and such advances deserve to be compensated.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
While I'm pretty sure that something like "updating the Bluetooth stack on the N9" is a bit far reaching of a feature request, would it help this effort if there was some kind of configuration option/setting that would update the Bluetooth stack (Bluez I keep reading does this) enabling more/other wearables to be supported for basic connectivity (just notifications and firmware updating, not everything that I talked about at Together.Jolla)?
I think you really want to be looking at sowatch as a basis for that sort of thing, Rockwatch is very much specifically targeted just towards the Pebble, and as such is written in python so that it can make use of libpebble. Whereas I believe sowatch is designed to be more general.

However each device is still going to need its own back end implementation within sowatch to handle its specific protocol for notifications, firmware, etc. That sort of thing isn't standardised across device manufacturers.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
I think you really want to be looking at sowatch as a basis for that sort of thing, Rockwatch is very much specifically targeted just towards the Pebble, and as such is written in python so that it can make use of libpebble. Whereas I believe sowatch is designed to be more general.

However each device is still going to need its own back end implementation within sowatch to handle its specific protocol for notifications, firmware, etc. That sort of thing isn't standardised across device manufacturers.
Yes, I've looked at Sowatch, and see both RW and Sowatch as concurrent projects, even if they aren't answering things in the same way. What can I say, I see the intents for making things work on the N9 as a better means towards standards than whatever it is smar****ch and activity trackers are doing.

Thanks for the feedback; much admiration to you for your work.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
Hello! All Happy holidays!

im created a simple deb package...

it will add 3 icons on the your desktop, each of them is to run one of the scripts:

- Meecast weather informer (once per hour)
- The charge level (once per hour)
- Network connection (when connecting / disconnecting the network)

simply to remove the bit from the manager of installed programs. !before removing the need to restart the smartphone to stop skrits!

if necessary, you can tweak skrit
they are in the folder /home/user/MyDocs/.watch/...

You can change the text of the notification or response time (parameter has a "sleep")

download/screenshots: https://openrepos.net/content/alexxxlrus/pebbl
https://openrepos.net/sites/default/....0.1_armel.deb

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aycow01g3v1k7aw/14010040.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ipz83wj9zug4n5/14010042.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wokkxfmic587yp7/14010041.jpg

Last edited by Alexxxl; 2014-01-06 at 15:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexxxl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Thanks Elleo for the update
For me the music control seems to be working ok but two things I noticed:

- the 'set time' is still not working properly for me

- this morning I did update the watch from the phone and it was not 'that' easy as it should. The first time it failed without error message on the watch but the app was not responding anymore (while the transfer was apparently complete: I did not check at the exact moment it should have finished). Then I tried a second time (after reboot of the phone) and it worked ok, the app indicated that the watch was updated but then, the app was stucked and I had to close it and restart it to have functional.

Nothing to complain much anyway. This is just for info.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Again some comments:

- is it possible to update a pebble face? Or should we download it again?

- will it be possible to access the Pebble app store when released? (28 Jan I believe)

just a quick question. tried android pebble on my jolla but.it did not work. any plans to port this one to sailfish?

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Again some comments:

- is it possible to update a pebble face? Or should we download it again?
Rockwatch doesn't automatically check for updates to watch faces (it might do once the official store is released, but that depends on what APIs the store exposes)

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
- will it be possible to access the Pebble app store when released? (28 Jan I believe)
That really depends on what the store allows, I can't say anything definitive until the store is available for me to work with. If there are appropriate public APIs available I'll certainly try to integrate store access with Rockwatch.

Last edited by Elleo; 2014-01-07 at 19:03.

Originally Posted by domriley View Post
just a quick question. tried android pebble on my jolla but.it did not work. any plans to port this one to sailfish?
Short answer: yes, eventually. Long answer: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=145

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n9, smart watch