Active Topics

my n900 is still workibg. never had a broken usb or other issues.this week jolla arrived, so i play with it. but i cant forget the n900. it is alive and in good conditions and waits for the neo900 chipset

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Judging from missing "thanks" from your account on the OP of the cssu-thumb thread , you don't have cssu-thumb installed on your device. Consider do so, you won't regret it.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
thank you. sorry gordon for my "delay". and thanks to all the other developers for programming all the stuff that rises the n900 to the best phone.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
I have been using a Galaxy Note II for sometime now and I have to admit that it has replaced the N900 as my primary phone. The N900 remains as my trusty sidekick.

moved to Jolla. my N900 USB port broke and i've been surviving on 3 batteries charged using a spare N900 that probably has a faulty emmc chip (loose on mboard) - it randomly reboots and hangs.

i'm going to send the one with the broken port for repair.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
I moved to the Galaxy nexus 2 Years ago, but i can't resist to use the N900 from times to times. The thing is that The NExus is supporting better my Mail for Exchange account than the N900 (mail in general). In the other hand, the KEYBOARD is still a must.
Except this, it would be very very cool, If we could install android apps just as the Jolla does.
Why did Alien Dalvik never showed up????

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Hi Boemien,
I use the N900 as bluetooth keyboard for my Galaxy Note when I need to type long texts.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
i moved to an n9 after my 2nd n900 usb broke. tested out the L820 for a few days while waiting for my n9. Even though i liked the phone, i just wasn't too excited WP8. Currently weighing up whether to get the jolla or wait for the sony z1 compact

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
I moved to asha 210 . I do get panic attacks every now and then when i realise i cant mutitask. I always wanted an E-series dual sim phone but sadly there were none, there r none. I really miss the old times when there were no touch screens.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
Hi Boemien,
I use the N900 as bluetooth keyboard for my Galaxy Note when I need to type long texts.
WOW How did you do that????

And also i have a small "bug" with the N900 and the modest client (mail). Every time i get an Email, when i click on the notification, it brings me to a blank screen marked as "no subject" Anybody has an idea on how to fix it??? This happens with my exchange account, i did not set an other account.

Except this as I said, the N900 is still the perfect phone for me. It only needs the Alien Dalvik port.

PS: I did not install the CSSU.

Edit: I came across this thread : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=modest+fix

I'm going to test it and post my feedbacks!!!

Edit (feedbacks): I installed the file in the above link, but it seems that the bug has not been corrected.
One question: At this point, can I install CSSU without messing the phone????

Last edited by Boemien; 2014-01-23 at 20:32.

Tags
nokia n900, successor