Active Topics

Poll: Is the Epic 4G the spiritual successor to the N810?
Poll Options
Is the Epic 4G the spiritual successor to the N810?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
So I have been a N810 user since it came out, and though I had my doubts its one of the greatest gadgets ever. Sure it had its shortcomings, but it was so ahead of the curve that it amazes me to this day. 4 inch screen, qwerty keyboard, super thin, front cam, 400x800 etc...

But of course its not very fast compared to new devices, the app development has stopped (in favor of N900), so basically it is EOL...

But there really has not been a replacement for it, nothing had the same size screen, nothing had the keyboard, nothing had the front cam, nothing had the slimness. The n900 was small and fat, Nexus and iPhone were meh, etc.

But now Samsung has released the Epic 4G to be soon on Sprint. In my opinion it is the spiritual successor to the N810. Hardware is everything the N810 was and more. Sure it does not run Maemo, but that is a small price to pay (or is it?) for all the increased functionality.

What do you guys think, is the Epic the "next N810" ??

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Is it the same size?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Is it the same size?
Same size screen and resolution and same thickness I believe. Slightly smaller bezel, which is a good thing.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
All about the Epic 4G is awesome... all but the carrier of choice in the US. Sprint is not in my list of favorites by a long shot.

Another CDMA phone?

Forget it.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Why not wait for the N9? Then you won't have to worry about whether the OS switch is worth it, and it'll be out only a few months later.

When you get N9 it will be dumped by Nokia as N900 was.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kenga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Philly USA
I love Nokia and the n900 but I am losing faith. The epic is a great device. I am getting the samsung vibrant and will see what nokia does with meego.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roguespy0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
All about the Epic 4G is awesome... all but the carrier of choice in the US. Sprint is not in my list of favorites by a long shot.
yes, Sprint is the worst U.S carrier by far. The worst reception(AT&T is a close 2nd), worst customer service, and the prices are lame.

I'll never go back to them, no matter the phone. Just being able to transfer a sim card alone to a different phone and back without having to call and activate and deactivate is worth it.

The Following User Says Thank You to optimistprime For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
The N8 Keyboard Ver/N9/C7/E7/whatever seems to fit in your list quite well.