Notices

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
i hope they release philippine maps

The Following User Says Thank You to riceboy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Bath to Frome.
Can you please provide exact addresses from and to? What is the ideal route in your experience?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to SygicSupport For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Do you have any further news on the Aura upgrade timescale/price ect.
Hi,

we made good progress in porting Aura to Maemo but we need to understand better what the way forward will be - Maemo vs MeeGo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SygicSupport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by sygicsupport View Post
hi,

we are sorry you experience such issues. We are investigating the cause.

Thank you for reporting the problem.
fix this shitty program guys!!!!! Mine crashes constantly!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to ddiscodave For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ddiscodave View Post
fix this shitty program guys!!!!! Mine crashes constantly!!!!
Fix your shitty N900 yourself.

Guess what? Probably many many users are using sygic and it isnīt crashing on them. So to make your statement believable please fill bug report and most importantly make guide to ALL how to reproduce the issue so people can confirm that it is really issue and not just your device that has possibly HW deficit or user error (tweaking system files, overclocking, installing stuff from devel &testing etc. that usual that might brake things up).

Last edited by slender; 2010-12-23 at 21:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by SygicSupport View Post
Hi,

we made good progress in porting Aura to Maemo but we need to understand better what the way forward will be - Maemo vs MeeGo.
Does this mean you're going through the same evaluation as the Instinctiv people?
I hope you don't come to the same conclusion. That would suck big time
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
what is interesting here is that i didnt have this so-called attitude when i wrote the original post so lets get a hold of ourselves here gentlemen. my point from the start is that the app is chronically unreliable and the issues are very well documented both on bug reports as well as on the sygic side. all i ever see them respond with is "we are working on it". that has been going on for months.

what sickens me the most is why they would release an update (or even a RTM version for that matter) with issues such as;

cronic crashing
keyboard not working while the app is running
overheating of the phone while app is running
freezing

if you guys who are not experiencing these issues then consider yourselves lucky, but there are hundreds if not thousands of people who are. sygic knows it.

As for you developers..... this phone would not be what it is within our community without your hard work and dedication! I never stop throwing props your way and recognizing your tireless work. I always appreciate what you do for us end-users, so thank you again for that!

my rants are not directed at you but more on a big-picture level because as much as i adore this phone i sometimes want to leave it because there have been so many occasions where i have been in a real pinch and needed for it to run well and smoothly on the fly and for one reason or another it just wouldnt. when i use sygic is when it tends to happen the most.

thank you for reading

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddiscodave For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
WoW.. i have a request since the SygicSupport folks seem to stop by, would it at all be possible for you to port or add the map of Jordan to your middle east map pack plz...ty

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageBrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Can you please provide exact addresses from and to? What is the ideal route in your experience?

Thanks.
Yes, the start was from Odd Down Park and Ride (Just off the Roundabout on the A367 and Coombe Hay Lane) to East Woodland Road (The south side of bath)

The sat nav took us down Coombe Hay Lane, along single track road through a village called Wellow, across a ford, then Hassage Hill and then wanted to continue across the A366 onto Hammer Lane. At this point I ignored it and turned left on the A366 till I hit the A36. Whilst travelling along the A366 it continued to try and take me down every right turn it would come to, even though they were often not suitable for cars.

This was also on a cold and very foggy evening and ice was present on the single track roads and we were in real danger of getting stranded miles from help. Even Google dierections for walking would not take us on these roads, and for good reason.

Hope that helps and thank you for looking into this.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Hi,

This sounds to me like you are dead in your tracks. I thought the word for N900 was "No Full Meego" implementation??

Could you lay the cards on the table here? I would be amazed if you would continue to develop for a dead OS.

If you won't put Aura on Maemo, say so!

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn