Notices

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Warszawa
Ubi is an unofficial 'Ubuntu One' client for Maemo 5 and (hopefully) for other Qt-enabled platforms.

Initial version supports:
- file downloading, uploading and publishing
- file/folder renaming and deletion
- folder creation
- account data view

At the moment Ubi is available only for Nokia N900 (extras-devel repo), but also an experimental (=not tested on real devices) release for Nokia N9/950 and Symbian was published.

Project page
Attached Images

Last edited by mkiol; 2012-06-01 at 21:39.

The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to mkiol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil

I already tested this software and seems to be very used friendly. This software has a great quality and is very good to download and upload my softwares to Ubuntu One since that we don't have official clients to Maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to guisoliver For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mkiol View Post
Ubi is an unofficial 'Ubuntu One' client for Maemo 5 and (hopefully) for other Qt-enabled platforms.
Very cool. I need to test on my N9!

As head of the Ubuntu One app developer programme, we should have a chat Can you talk about your plans for Ubi?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stuartlangridge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich or Luxembourg
Hi, I installed it on my N9.
It seems to work (didn't tested all features).
But it's always in landscape mode.

Gread work, I really love to see U1 clients (U1 from stuartlangridge is also nice) to come to Maemo/Meego

Last edited by Scharel; 2012-05-29 at 11:44.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Scharel View Post
Hi, I installed it on my N9.
It seems to work (didn't tested all features).
But it's always in portrait mode.

Gread work, I really love to see U1 clients (U1 from stuartlangridge is also nice) to come to Maemo/Meego
Hi,

Installed on my N9 two, by the way, strange, on my side it's always in landscape mode ...

A++

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich or Luxembourg
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Hi,

Installed on my N9 two, by the way, strange, on my side it's always in landscape mode ...

A++
Sorry, my fault, I meant landscape

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Warszawa
Thank you all for warm response!

Honestly, Ubi is just an "hobby" experiment. I am not a professional developer and in fact I do not have a plans to be one.

I tried to compare the Android vs QT development and for me, QT is definitely a winner. I am in love how intuitive and powerful all QT ecosystem is. I did Maemo, N9 and Symbian compilation without a single line of code change.. and almost in the same way I can release Ubi package for BlackBerry 10!

It is amazing, QT is amazing!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mkiol For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mkiol View Post
Thank you all for warm response!

Honestly, Ubi is just an "hobby" experiment. I am not a professional developer and in fact I do not have a plans to be one.

I tried to compare the Android vs QT development and for me, QT is definitely a winner. I am in love how intuitive and powerful all QT ecosystem is. I did Maemo, N9 and Symbian compilation without a single line of code change.. and almost in the same way I can release Ubi package for BlackBerry 10!

It is amazing, QT is amazing!
Now if only some big headed corporate developers stop being breastfed by single device coding languages, and adopted or at least spent some time with Qt, they would switch to it, causing OS developers to adopt it.

Ohh how I wish I could control the way this world works in some aspects

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
very great looking program..thanks mkiol,we gonna wait for some other Qt work from you.cool program.keep up the good work !

i installed both on N900 & N9. N900 version works fine. on N9 keyboard won't disappear even after we type and press enter! we have to quit the qpplication and then reload it.

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post: