Notices

Also I've noted that the newer versions seem to consume far more resources that the former ones. Ram seems to be far more used up since I upgraded.

Perhaps it's due to the new UI?

Worth checking out.

P.D Though the most annoying issue is definitively the "connecting" issue when switching from wi-fi to data 2g/3g forcing you to restart the app, although it doesn't always happen.

The Following User Says Thank You to GBlaster For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by hlchuah View Post
I have problem installing it to the new 0.2.4 . Previously I have 0.1.8 installed. It was working perfectly until i wanted to upgrade to the new one. It says Dependency Notice. To completeinstallation of Wazapp additional applications need to be downloaded and installed. I click Accept. After that it shows Installation Failed , Installation interrupted , Try again / Cancel. It has been like this for the pass 24hours. I have rebooted my N9. Still same problem. Any help guys??
I even removed the previous version. Still same problem.
Try this package, it helped me get the latest version installed.
Solved dependency problems that caused installation failure and or interuption.
Hope its useful for more out there.

thnx 2 jklubi
Attached Files
File Type: deb harmattan-repository_0.4+0m6_all.deb (1.9 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by aQUICK1; 2012-05-22 at 05:31. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GBlaster View Post
Also I've noted that the newer versions seem to consume far more resources that the former ones. Ram seems to be far more used up since I upgraded.

Worth checking out.

P.D Though the most annoying issue is definitively the "connecting" issue when switching from wi-fi to data 2g/3g forcing you to restart the app, although it doesn't always happen.
my guess, maybe due to ping check

Originally Posted by GBlaster View Post

Worth checking out.

Im gonna send a report now

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Singapore
I finally got my Wazapp working again after 3 days. As I was switching between my android phone, iPhone and N9, I got to the point when Wazapp kept saying "Fail-too-many" and persisted for the past 3 days. I emailed Whatsapp 7 times, asking them to unblock my account thinking that they must have blocked me from registering as I have tried registering for too many times using the same number, but they chose to ignore me.

Then i tried Whatsapp on my Android again today, I was able to verify and register. And I was still blocked on N9 and iPhone. So this brought me to think that some parameters must have been stored on the phone for the server to know that I have registered too many times. But problem is, i don't know where it is stored.

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. So i clear device and re-install everything from scratch (not reflash), including Wazapp. And finally, i register my Wazapp on N9.

In case anyone got "Fail-too-many" without any timeframe indications. I am not saying that this will definitely work. Just sharing what has worked for me and hoping that this helps someone in the same plight.

Now a happy Wazapp user on N9. Thanks Tarek!

Originally Posted by tanwg View Post
I finally got my Wazapp working again after 3 days. As I was switching between my android phone, iPhone and N9, I got to the point when Wazapp kept saying "Fail-too-many" and persisted for the past 3 days. I emailed Whatsapp 7 times, asking them to unblock my account thinking that they must have blocked me from registering as I have tried registering for too many times using the same number, but they chose to ignore me.

Then i tried Whatsapp on my Android again today, I was able to verify and register. And I was still blocked on N9 and iPhone. So this brought me to think that some parameters must have been stored on the phone for the server to know that I have registered too many times. But problem is, i don't know where it is stored.

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. So i clear device and re-install everything from scratch (not reflash), including Wazapp. And finally, i register my Wazapp on N9.

In case anyone got "Fail-too-many" without any timeframe indications. I am not saying that this will definitely work. Just sharing what has worked for me and hoping that this helps someone in the same plight.

I am still having this problem. Right now I am just waiting and waiting.. Timer is at 45h without trying to register.

So what you are saying is to re-install everything on the N9? including all apps and whatever I put on it?

I will try to re-register in about 3h, If that doesnt work maybe I need to re-install everything from scratch..

Cheers!

Originally Posted by tanwg View Post

did you perform uninstall & reinstalling + clear device on Android + N9, or N9 alone?
Did you clear Wazapp account inside Account apps before you decided to clear the device?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
YES, looks like some kind of exploit-bug, the server banned me for 1440 minutes (fail:too:many), which is a full day, so Im still 14 hours left, until I can try it again.

Hope tgalal has noted this and prevents people from exploiting or failing in this bug. For me is annoying, but could be abused somehow (dont know how, yet)
same here. The 1 digit trick is probblematic somehow. Everyone asks who am i, and i dont receive old msgs left in server. Post news when u have em

good luck

Hi, I'm having issues with contacts from my own country (Argentina).

We are able to send/receive messages just fine for a while, until I don't know what happens and I can no longer see the messages they send me. They are still able to receive my messages, and the messages they send me are sent according to them, but I don't get them anymore.

I thought this happened because I used that 'registration trick' where we had to put the first digit of my phone number in the country code field, so I downloaded the latest version and registered (successfully) once again without this 'trick'. But this keeps happening.

This issue gets temporarily solved by having the other person delete your contact and re-adding you after you send them another wazapp message.

Anyone got this?

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Singapore
Just to reply on questions about what i did for my N9: I go to Settings > Reset > Clear Device.

This will make you lose all apps and your app data. But changes made to system files still stay. Like changes from N9 QTweak still remains for me.

After the device is done with its stuff, i start to re-install all my usual apps. Lastly, i install Wazapp.

I need to emphasize that this works for me and I am not guaranteeing that this works for you too. But worth a try if you are dying to have Wazapp working, like me... haha

Last edited by tanwg; 2012-05-22 at 10:01.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp