Notices

n900 is similar in everywhere to Nintendo DSL (DSi), such as touch screen, physical keyboard. is that possible to run pokemon?

how is the n900 "similar in everywhere (Everyway)" Where is the the second touch screen on the N900?

The Following User Says Thank You to synplex For This Useful Post:
Sadly, I fear that this one is not a troll.
Through emulators, you can play gameboy (red, blue, yellow, silver, gold, crystal) and gameboy advance (ruby, sapphire, emerald, leaf green, fire red) games. No, the DS cannot be emulated at anything remotely resembling playable speeds

EDIT: I can't help but feel that an n900 is not the device for you

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to notnarb For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
I wish my parents would have bought me expensive electronics when I was his age.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Can probably play the GBA version of Pokemon!

I like cake.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
Haven't you seen the commercial?
The N900 IS a pokemon...

The Following User Says Thank You to late666 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Actually thats one thing I am puzzled about. Surely its possible to emulate the DS full speed ons something like the N900 due to both being ARM based. Its just all the talented programmers seem to be coding strictly x86 rather than ARM.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by gddhthrhrhr@yahoo.com View Post
n900 is similar in everywhere to Nintendo DSL (DSi), such as touch screen, physical keyboard.
My Windows PC is similar in everywhere to my Apple computer, such as in screen, physical keyboard. Does it run Mac OS X 10.6?

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
My Windows PC is similar in everywhere to my Apple computer, such as in screen, physical keyboard. Does it run Mac OS X 10.6?
It most likely does, see http://wiki.osx86project.org/.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brighton
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Actually thats one thing I am puzzled about. Surely its possible to emulate the DS full speed ons something like the N900 due to both being ARM based. Its just all the talented programmers seem to be coding strictly x86 rather than ARM.
Yeh, it's probably technically possible to run ARM code on another ARM processor - it's just RISC, right?. But:

1) Not all processors are made equal - emulation would probably still be needed to make code run. This code was never designed to run on any other processor than the DS ones.

2) You'd need to emulate two processors, not just one. I don't know if you could just provide a wrapper to run all the code on the same processor.

3) The N900 really isn't all that suited to DS Emulation - I can't imagine a sensible way to fit both displays on the screen in portrait mode, for example.

4) Finally: this is the free software world. If you want something, do it I'm not having a dig here, but if you want something done you still need to do it or pay for it. If other people were interested they'd already have a project going.

That last bit isn't negative either - there's loads of resources online. Why not hack something together and see how it goes?

The Following User Says Thank You to Darkshine For This Useful Post:

Tags
orange loser, welcome back