Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
Programs are installed on the device's own flash memory. Use the file manager to move stuff from your Audio clips, Documents, Games etc. folders and the root directory of those to the internal and external cards and you should be peachy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Naranek For This Useful Post:
My N810 keeps rebooting after this update! It seems that the Star Trek boot screen add on is messing things up. I am looking for guidance on what to do to fix this. Can I boot up with extras turned off and then uninstall the add on that I believe to be the problem? Where do I get instructions to restore the unit back to factory specs ad then restore my backup? TIA...

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by luffman View Post
Where do I get instructions to restore the unit back to factory specs ad then restore my backup? TIA...
Flashing the device to e.g. 4.2008.23-14 (Diablo without updates) is exaplined at https://wiki.maemo.org/Upgrading_tablet_OS .

So was this considered a minor update, can we expect a major update in the future?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by migs View Post
So was this considered a minor update, can we expect a major update in the future?
Yes, Fremantle, sometime next year.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Yes, Fremantle, sometime next year.
Thanks for the response, just searched Fremantle. Will it be also available for N8x0 series, or only for the new OMAP3 tablet coming soon?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Will it be also available for N8x0 series, or only for the new OMAP3 tablet coming soon?
That's a good question, and one that has been asked many times before. Like Fremantle itself, the answer will be available later, probably sometime next year.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
--------------------

Last edited by tori; 2009-04-17 at 12:59.

So...

After I read all of this thread....
I still don'tt know what would be the better thing to do,

I run N800 under chinook 2.2007.53-3

I was thinking to format it all new, by using the usb cable connected to the windows pc and uploading one of the ARM.bin from the tablets-dev.nokia.com

The only thing I couldn't figure out... will it better to install this old chinook version again, or to take the new diablo 5.2008..43-7

I need a stable system without any memory leakage, fast battery drainage or any other "surprise"

Please write your advice

Thankyou
Tori

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by tori View Post
Please write your advice
Install the latest Diablo release. End of story.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
diablo, os2008, ssu, upgrade