Thanks!

A few things:

-The default snooze seems to be set at one hour. This probably wasn't intentional? EDIT: Crap. It's a system default. Wonder what set mine to 3600 seconds? Well this works anyway.

-The enabled toggle doesn't work. It has no effect. I actually don't mind this, but you said it would work. Deleting (canceling) the alarm still works. EDIT2: Sorry, it does work AFTER snooze is pressed. Just like you said. Guess I should learn to read. Could you maybe set the snooze attribute, if it's not too much trouble, so that would show correctly, too.

-I think canceling the alarm once stop is pressed is very good behaviour. So don't change that.

-Sound file setting works great. Maybe give a hint that the ring-tones path is /usr/share/sounds/ring-tones ?

Last edited by slarti; 2013-02-19 at 07:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Thanks!

A few things:

-The default snooze seems to be set at one hour. This probably wasn't intentional? EDIT: Crap. It's a system default. Wonder what set mine to 3600 seconds? Well this works anyway.
Could have been a previous beta version, but I'm not sure. It's still a bit unclear to me how the defaults are taken and how they're controlled. But mainly it seems that, for example, whatever you have last set in the Clock application will become the default. For example if you change the sound for one Alarm, then that will become the new default.

-The enabled toggle doesn't work. It has no effect. I actually don't mind this, but you said it would work. Deleting (canceling) the alarm still works. EDIT2: Sorry, it does work AFTER snooze is pressed. Just like you said. Guess I should learn to read. Could you maybe set the snooze attribute, if it's not too much trouble, so that would show correctly, too.
Didn't notice it earlier, but the enabled works for disabling only if something is set in sound (or after snooze apparently). So it seems the clock application is picky that all attributes must be set. I guess I might do another beta update.

The snooze attribute is set (or should be) but unfortunately it seems the clock application does not really show the value, even if it's one of the predefined ones that can be set

-Sound file setting works great. Maybe give a hint that the ring-tones path is /usr/share/sounds/ring-tones ?
Seems like a good idea, I'll add that.

Thanks for testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Just wanted to say and confirm that LPM bug has been fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Could have been a previous beta version, but I'm not sure. It's still a bit unclear to me how the defaults are taken and how they're controlled. But mainly it seems that, for example, whatever you have last set in the Clock application will become the default. For example if you change the sound for one Alarm, then that will become the new default.
I thought so, too, but I tried setting a new alarm (from the clock) with a snooze of 15 minutes and it didn't change the default snooze time. I changed the sound, too, and that changed the default sound.

Doing it manually changed it.

Code:
qdbus --system com.nokia.time /com/nokia/time com.nokia.time.set_default_snooze 600
But it doesn't get changed automatically for me. Might be something I've done in the past...

Didn't notice it earlier, but the enabled works for disabling only if something is set in sound (or after snooze apparently). So it seems the clock application is picky that all attributes must be set. I guess I might do another beta update.
Ah, that's true. Didn't notice this myself. It works really well once I set the sound in PM.

Actually, it doesn't work after snooze if the sound isn't set. I just set the sound and confused the resulting behaviour with it.

The snooze attribute is set (or should be) but unfortunately it seems the clock application does not really show the value, even if it's one of the predefined ones that can be set
I can't see it in the attributes with my script. Even if I explicitly set it from PM.

Ok, it's weird with the default snooze. The clock application doesn't give a rats *** about the global default snooze. It has it's own default snooze time stored somewhere. PM, however, uses the global default snooze which can be set with set_default_snooze and got with get_default_snooze.

If I have a PM set alarm with the sound explicitly set and I disable it, the clock application seems to set a snooze attribute with the value 0 for it.

Last edited by slarti; 2013-02-19 at 12:01. Reason: typo

Hey, love your app and the recent addition of being able to launch apps without having to use commands in custom actions.
I'm just wondering whether it would be possible to add another condition?
The one I'm interested in is launching an app upon plugging in headphones / a 3.5mm aux cable. I've no idea if this would be hard or not but it'd be an awesome additon to profilematic.
I'd like to hear your ideas on this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Williz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Doing it manually changed it.

Code:
qdbus --system com.nokia.time /com/nokia/time com.nokia.time.set_default_snooze 600
But it doesn't get changed automatically for me. Might be something I've done in the past...
Probably the same for me. I only assumed it works like the sound (which I have tested more).

I can't see it in the attributes with my script. Even if I explicitly set it from PM.
True. I now checked that I have commented out the code because it didn't seem to have any effect. But I'll put it back to next beta and we'll see.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Williz View Post
Hey, love your app and the recent addition of being able to launch apps without having to use commands in custom actions.
I'm just wondering whether it would be possible to add another condition?
The one I'm interested in is launching an app upon plugging in headphones / a 3.5mm aux cable. I've no idea if this would be hard or not but it'd be an awesome additon to profilematic.
I'd like to hear your ideas on this.
I wrote it down. I'll see how hard that would be, but I can't say when I will have time for that. If it's straightforward I might do it soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
I have updated the beta version again.

Now I think the remaining problems are solved:
- If snooze time is selected to be one of the available choises in Clock application, it will correctly show there (so setting that attribute did in fact help, I must have tested it poorly previously)
- If snooze time is not set, a 10 minute snooze is used regardless of what the "platform default" is. As it seems platform default is not easily settable by user, this seemed like a reasonable compromise.
- Alarm scheduled by ProfileMatic can be disabled from clock application even if sound file is not specified.

I have tested the behaviour somewhat, but not extensively... so all interested please do test it to get it just right.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Not sure if this has been mentioned before. Since the app allows to open an app after a certain condition has been detected, how about closing an app as per a specific condition? Like, open wazzap when connected to a specifc WLAN, then close wazzap when the WLAN is disconnected.