Active Topics

I dropped my phone today and cracked the screen on it, also now when I put my sim card in it, it doesn't recognize the sim card, since I live in USA what are my options on getting this phone fixed here?

I purchased a squaretrade warranty. I would purchase one if I were you, then wait a month, then cash in, if possible. Best of luck, happy holidays.

how much did you pay for the square trade warranty?

i called the square trade and they said they would not be able to honor the warranty on Nokia n9 because Nokia itself doesn't offer valid us warranty.

so now, is there anyone from European nation that has a Nokia repair shop around them that they can ask how much would they change to get the LCD changed on this phone? And i can send you the phone and the money to get it repaired?

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
When I bought my n900 about a year and a half ago at J and R in nyc, I was told that they were a nokia authorized service center and I could bring it to then if I had any problems. I had asked because of the usb problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
i called the square trade and they said they would not be able to honor the warranty on Nokia n9 because Nokia itself doesn't offer valid us warranty.

so now, is there anyone from European nation that has a Nokia repair shop around them that they can ask how much would they change to get the LCD changed on this phone? And i can send you the phone and the money to get it repaired?
I paid around 80 for it with a 30% discount. That is odd, I was authorized no problem up to 600 dollars in damage, and I emailed the receipt from Nokia Singapore to finalize coverage, a day later I received full coverage authorization for my N9. Sorry your phone cracked, try going through Squaretrade online, lots of times the people on the phone are not up to par on certain information.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemomd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
When I bought my n900 about a year and a half ago at J and R in nyc, I was told that they were a nokia authorized service center and I could bring it to then if I had any problems. I had asked because of the usb problems.
do you mind asking them about the N9 repair, now the sim card works and i am using the phone but with a pain, need to be really careful about not cutting my finger. And since the screen cracked phone thinks that the proximity is covered.

Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
I paid around 80 for it with a 30% discount. That is odd, I was authorized no problem up to 600 dollars in damage, and I emailed the receipt from Nokia Singapore to finalize coverage, a day later I received full coverage authorization for my N9. Sorry your phone cracked, try going through Squaretrade online, lots of times the people on the phone are not up to par on certain information.
its 124.99 to start and then 99 for q deductible, i believe it will be lot cheaper to get it repaired than doing that, i was able to find the LCD for 124 on ebay if i was able to do it my self i would have already bought it but i am not sure about doing it myself.

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
sure i'll try them tomorrow and let you know

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
sure i'll try them tomorrow and let you know
thank you sir.

Tags
nokia support