Active Topics

i really really hate this now that since i got new screen i have the same bleeding on screen mostly black lines, usually when screen goes dim, now i absolutely hate this, my first screen had no problem with this, fack fackety fack fack fack

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
i really really hate this now that since i got new screen i have the same bleeding on screen mostly black lines, usually when screen goes dim, now i absolutely hate this, my first screen had no problem with this, fack fackety fack fack fack
Can you show us a screenshot?

Can't tell the difference from the screen shot actually have to take a picture with another camera to see it. I just took a screen shot and looked at it on the computer screen and its perfect there.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
I dropped my phone on Tile. I saw a scratch and was like oh okay, but then I saw my screen corner come out a little.

I put my wool acket on the floor and put the phone glass down and stepped on the corner till I heard a click noise. This made the glass go back in slightly but not all the way. I then did this again till I heard a click noise again. I was scared to break my phone but I figured gorilla glass could take the pressure of 170 lbs; I put all my pressure on my heel (I had socks on and no shoes). The screen now looks flush,

Now my phone has a slight creaking noise, thought It might have had it before and i'm just trippen and it's probably the buttons making that noise. I thought I share my story just in-case this happens to anyone.

Note: I didn't have a case on , more reasons why I can't have nice toys (naked).

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by ikkysleepy View Post
...I put my wool acket on the floor and put the phone glass down and stepped on the corner till I heard a click noise... I then did this again till I heard a click noise again...
That was indeed some nerve Sir !

Now my n9 has started to make the creaking noise, very weird when it hasn't been dropped or anything after the screen replacement.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Good to know that Palco would still be willing to at least do out-of-warranty repairs.

I'm in a somewhat similar situation as a US owner of an N9 in need of repair. In my case, I purchased mine from Negri Electronics. I received an RMA and returned the unit to them per their instructions a few weeks ago--I will keep the board updated as to how they deal with the repair/warranty, etc, as I know several North American forum members also purchased from them.
As a quick update on my situation--my N9 is currently at a repair facility in Hong Kong. So it appears that Negri has sent the device back to the country of origin for the repair work. This implies to me that the repair will be considered for warranty coverage eligibility, which of course would be a non-starter if the repair work was done in the US.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Repaired the screen on my old (2nd) N9 today with a screen bought from universalaccessories1988 on ebay for 49$. The screen looks and works great, proximity sensors work. I haven't used the phone extensively though and will update this post if something goes wrong.

Followed instructions at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dxsTGpGRhs
Nokia N9 Screen Replacement - LCD (AMOLED) + Touch Screen (Digitizer) + Proximity Sensor by LE55ONS on youtube.

It took about 20 minutes to do it, and I'd say it can be done by anyone who has the screwdriver (T-5) and can follow instructions. The replacement screen does come with the screwdriver, but in my experience the provided screwdriver isn't well made (you're better off buying a good 32-head screwdriver kit in the long run).

Tags
nokia support