Notices

Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Now updates are integrated with the OS, great! But updating apps do not work very well, HERE Maps was upgraded from 1.8.58 to 1.8.61, after loosing the icon (now only a green quircle) Also updating lasts forever, have to swipe down to close.

And seems we can't get apps in the background, it keeps closing when i swipe away
Updating takes quite long because HERE Maps is a big package and the installation consists of downloading it, extracting it and encrypting the content. I might add a more information on what's going on to the installation sheet. You can safely swipe the sheet to away or even close it, the installation will be finished in the background.

The green squircle is a weird issue, I think I encountered it once too. I'll have to investigate that further. Might have an idea or two on what's causing it.

And the part about closing when swiping away - that usually only happens for drawing intensive apps, and is caused by some weird issue within QtWebkit. Not sure if this can be fixed without Nokia support unfortunately.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Is it possible for Web apps not to be full screen? Its kind of annoying.

Originally Posted by Vromoth View Post
Is it possible for Web apps not to be full screen? Its kind of annoying.
Good point. There seems to be a bug in retrieving the view mode for Firefox OS apps. I'll fix this for the next version.

The Following User Says Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Search on Google maps doesn't work for me!
I'm doing something wrong or it is just not available?

Thanks
Milko

can you released it to the Chinese market?I very love the app,but I could not find it in Chinese market.
Originally Posted by sviox View Post
Good point. There seems to be a bug in retrieving the view mode for Firefox OS apps. I'll fix this for the next version.

Originally Posted by Qiansumo View Post
can you released it to the Chinese market?I very love the app,but I could not find it in Chinese market.
Chinese regulations are a bit problematic. Enough that if you select "global" for an app's distribution, it goes everywhere except China. For example, advertising is completely forbidden, and game content require some extra disclaimers. I'm not sure if this kind of platform for other apps is accepted and also some of the URLs my apps and widgets in general use might be blocked.

I'll see what I can do about this. I could write a few questions to Nokia about China.

The Following User Says Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
The main issue IIRC is that Nokia have stopped selling apps for Harmattan to the China market. Only free apps are listed while paid apps are not listed there.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
Search on Google maps doesn't work for me!
I'm doing something wrong or it is just not available?

Thanks
Milko
I'll fix this and also do some other improvements to the Google Maps app for next version.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
The main issue IIRC is that Nokia have stopped selling apps for Harmattan to the China market. Only free apps are listed while paid apps are not listed there.
Really? From what I have understood, it's just a limitation that you need to use lower price levels because some Chinese operators don't support billing for higher prices. No experiences on the subject though so I'm just theorizing.

Originally Posted by sviox View Post
I'll fix this and also do some other improvements to the Google Maps app for next version.
Actually, if you want to give it a try already, I've uploaded the version I worked on today to Google Drive and it can be downloaded from this link https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Sv...it?usp=sharing.

Let me know if you find anything out of the place.