Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
heh, yes some people give false reviews sometimes. Maybe his N9 has the Java enabled, and cows can fly :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Just installed this application and registered on F1.com. When I try to logon from the app it crashes all the time. I tried to reboot and reinstalled the app but it still crashes. I'm on PR 1.2. What to do?

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
cannot buy.. "we are experiencing problems with the phone billing payment service".. well then i just have to wait for an alternative..

Originally Posted by inajoba View Post
Just installed this application and registered on F1.com. When I try to logon from the app it crashes all the time. I tried to reboot and reinstalled the app but it still crashes. I'm on PR 1.2. What to do?
Usually it closes (which can seem like crashing, as I just made app to exit if login fails), if you haven't confirmed the registration emails confirmation link, or misstyped email & password combination.

1. Check your email and be sure that you confirmed your registration by clicking the the link on email.

2. If your sure that you have confirmed, then you can double check that you entered your login & password correctly (check uppercase vs lowercase letters):
# devel-su - user
$ cat /home/user/.f1rc

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-05-07 at 18:20.

Got it working now after I activated developer mode for the first time on my phone which then downloaded depencies (I've never activated developer mode before).

Thanks for the report, I'll double check that application will also work for devices that doesn't have developer mode installed.

Originally Posted by nickem51 View Post
For some reason I cannot login although I have 2 account on www.formula1.com and there I can check in without problem.
I have reloaded Live F1 a couple of times without any improvement.
Changed to Dev mode and then this app opened. Can see only one page so lets see how it works next weekend. Compared to F1 2012 I am a little bit disappointed. Room for improvement

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@nickem51
There is no room for improvement- it is just a viewer for official live timing. Log in it on your PC and check what it look like - the same.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@nickem51
There is no room for improvement- it is just a viewer for official live timing. Log in it on your PC and check what it look like - the same.
OK Thanks. Expected more like the F1 2012 version...

For fancier graphics and commercial F1 2012 application you might want to buy https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gapp2012&hl=en for android, and run that under nitdroid. Or you could try get that company to port their app to Harmattan (their app price which currenty is >20e might scare away quite many potential buyers though).

I only ported the existing n900 application to N9 because people were requesting it in this forum, which didn't have any fancy graphics.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: