Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Pebbled had the option to switch to silent profile whenever the watch was connected. I.e., when you walked out of range, silent mode was disabled, so you could still hear when the phone was ringing. This option didn't make it to rockpool yet?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
I meant the pbl file upload so we can support setting the language on the watch for non-latin alphabets. Great to have more translations though. I'd like the keep the websockets back for now because I haven't found an app to test them, and I'll have to mirror coderus' qt5websockets packages, and I'm not sure if that's a good idea...

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Pebbled had the option to switch to silent profile whenever the watch was connected. I.e., when you walked out of range, silent mode was disabled, so you could still hear when the phone was ringing. This option didn't make it to rockpool yet?
I forgot about that one! Afaik that was dropped in RockWork.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
I forgot about that one! Afaik that was dropped in RockWork.
Probably because ubuntu doesn't support com.nokia.profiled interface

As for cyrillic - my PTR shows cyrillic messages without problem, maybe PTR has built-in utf support though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Probably because ubuntu doesn't support com.nokia.profiled interface
This wouldn't have to impact the libpebble part at all - the sailfish part can act on the connected and disconnected signals. That would be quick - I'll do that.

Originally Posted by ruff View Post
As for cyrillic - my PTR shows cyrillic messages without problem, maybe PTR has built-in utf support though.
That is weird. What with that and the authenticator working, I'm beginning to think your PTR is a very special watch

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
no joy with authenticator using the latest beta here...im on the origonal pebble btw, not time/round

The Following User Says Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:
This wouldn't have to impact the libpebble part at all - the sailfish part can act on the connected and disconnected signals. That would be quick - I'll do that.
Yes, it's only that I've just introduced com.nokia.mce interface in the WIP commits (for notifications) and now another part of this tree.

Originally Posted by piggz View Post
no joy with authenticator using the latest beta here...im on the origonal pebble btw, not time/round
Can you confirm it works ok on android/ios? I.e. app could be migrated to time series with no backward compatibility.

The Following User Says Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
It has separate resources for aplite, basalt and chalk, and it wouldn't install otherwise. Could well be a bug though.

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Wroclaw, Poland
About Cyrillic... I still have Pb Classic and switched to Rockpool, then updated FW to latest one. For sure have no cyrillic at all. Then I've tried to install custom FW with cyrillic - and get watches in with [] instead of all symbols. After going to recovery mode and installing native FW from another device I've got Classic with latest FW... and cyrillic symbols. So far all notifications are shown correctly in both latin and cyrillic.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wickedsten For This Useful Post:
It has separate resources for aplite, basalt and chalk, and it wouldn't install otherwise. Could well be a bug though.
Yes, however gears have separate limits, so even if it compiles, it doesn't mean runtime is fine. Just to be sure it's really rockpool-specific(maybe for the certain platform) problem.

Speaking about the platform. Can you estimate from the top of your head protocol-level changes btw pebbled(2.x) and rockworkd(3.x) implementation? I'm just thinking whether ios/android could be falling back to older proto when speaking to aplite for certain transfer types. Which may lead to nacks for pure 3.x comm.

Tags
pebble, smartwatch