Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
dicksonleong8 maybe you want to look at this on how MAG pushed notifications to events view: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=25

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
tweetian updated to v1.6 ....what is the changelog?

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
tweetian updated to v1.6 ....what is the changelog?
Full changelog will be posted to my blog after Symbian version is live at Nokia Store

Edit: Full changelog available here!

Last edited by dicksonleong8; 2012-11-01 at 07:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Hey,

Just a head up, in case you are not aware. Not that it will help you in anyway; it will redirect people's hope to you nevertheless.

QNeptunea developer has (since long) decided not to develop homescreen event feed for his app. His reason is because "Because I've never used event feed on N9. I don't want to see every tweets or events from Facebook on event feed."
Here is the source

So, now Tweetian certainly has the potential to become the best app if you are successful to integrate it in the homescreen event feed.

All the best! :-)

Last edited by MrBhoot; 2012-11-21 at 09:06. Reason: Forgot to link the source

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrBhoot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MrBhoot View Post
Hey,

Just a head up, in case you are not aware. Not that it will help you in anyway; it will redirect people's hope to you nevertheless.

QNeptunea developer has (since long) decided not to develop homescreen event feed for his app. His reason is because "Because I've never used event feed on N9. I don't want to see every tweets or events from Facebook on event feed."
Here is the source

So, now Tweetian certainly has the potential to become the best app if you are successful to integrate it in the homescreen event feed.

All the best! :-)
Actually, he is right from the usability aspect. The client is there, the event feed is not really useful since any action like reply/retweet would require to launch the app anyway.

It is not easy to implement event feed integration too (require daemon / syncFW). If not carefully implement, it could cause battery drainage.

Currently I not working on this feature yet, but maybe in the future. Can't promise. Or hopefully someone can contribute on this feature.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
I beg differ, I felt that implementation on the event screen is a good feature to have.

Because everything is just one swipe away, no need to launch the app per-se in order to view your timeline, just for casual viewing. And if I require to give an action on a tweet, I click on it, it will bring me instantly to the app and the relevent page.

It can be something like Sociality where the app runs in background all the time, swipe down doesn't close it, that way probably could solve lots of problem for you in order to implement timeline on event screen and also easier for push notification as well. However, having an app that run constantly and stable probably is a bigger challenge. Sociality definitely still have quite a lot to iron out especially the login token problem with FB.

Not saying that it will be easy thing to do, but just to provide a counter view of what you thought about event screen.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
I also am a huge fan of the event feed implementation. I'm also very disappointed with the stock twitter client and I think Tweetian is a must have for anyone who uses twitter.

I think the reason why I like the event feed so much is that I mostly just read tweets, I rarely tweet or retweet anything. This is why I still have the stock client fill the event screen. I use Tweetian when I need streaming or just want to zoom in on a picture. It is also generally sooo much better to use when in app. I would very much like to see this feature in Tweetian but I can live without it.

Anyway, thank you very much for an awesome twitter client!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Hi, i am not sure it s a bug or what but sometimes i click on the tweetian icon and the whole phone seems loading the app but after a while nothing appears. Usually I just refresh my phone and it is back

Originally Posted by kevincostan View Post
Hi, i am not sure it s a bug or what but sometimes i click on the tweetian icon and the whole phone seems loading the app but after a while nothing appears. Usually I just refresh my phone and it is back
That's a known issue, if it doesn't start after clicked on the icon just open terminal then type:

Code:
~ $ killall tweetian
And launch again. Reboot also solve this.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Llagostera (Catalonia)
Language selection question:

In 1.7.0 many languages are included but there's no manual selection for them in Settings, it uses the same language your phone is.

Since there's no hope to see Harmattan in my language and I'm the proud author of the catalan translation in transifex I'd like to ask if there's any plan to include in future releases a manual language selection.

Anyway, great app, the fastest in low-speed internet connections!