No, won't be MX they're too chunky. Probably standard chiclet/rubberdome but hopefully the new kailh choc switches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B27I...5Kug2bsQPKwUGq

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I am curious about the drivers and kernel too now.
And I am curious/worried (mostly the latter) about the BIOS.
I suspect some proprietary binary blob, but couldn't find/search properly on that subject.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by British View Post
And I am curious/worried (mostly the latter) about the BIOS.
I suspect some proprietary binary blob, but couldn't find/search properly on that subject.
There is no desktop-style BIOS there, as it's an ARM device. The closest to it is little kernel, which they are going to release. But there are lots of other blobs just as in regular Android phone, so I guess it should be the least of worries.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
But there are lots of other blobs just as in regular Android phone, so I guess it should be the least of worries.
The fact that it is built towards being an Android device is the elephant in the matchbox when it comes to worries

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Maybe you interested: Someone has seen Kernel version 3.18.41 running: http://developer.planetcom.co.uk/sho...p?tid=5&page=2

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ravelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Gemini PDA is available for buying on their website.

Waiting for my salary....

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Talked to the Planet PDA guys.
The Gemini PDA is cheaper on Indigogo, than on the official site, and they will first deliver all indigogo perks and afterwards the shop purchases.

The second batch should cover all indigogo perks, which are not yet delivered.

Purchased on indigogo.

And for people, who want develop SailfishOS on the Gemini PDA - there "might" be special offer.

I can't post details here, but all folks, who want develop or port SF on the Gemini PDA, might contact me on Telegram @explit.
And i will look, what i can do.
Of course, anything is without warranty and only a "good will" act of Planet Comp. Inc.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/flow/..._the_QWERT.php
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
you can flash sailfish os 2.1.4.14 community to your gemini pda as 2nd or 3rd boot option. Try it.

PartitionTool on Planet Computers

News on Planet Computers support page

... have fun ...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Oficial partnership between Jolla and Planet Computers will bring Sailfish 3 in late 2018, meanwhile Sailfish 2.2 community edition is already available :
PLANET COMPUTERS ANNOUNCES GEMINI PDA TO RUN SAILFISH OS

posted by Dr Janko Mrsic-Flogel
Jun 26, 2018 • 7:37AM
PRESS RELEASE

Gemini PDA to run Sailfish OS mobile operating system – developed by Jolla

See Gemini in action at CommunicAsia 2018 – Marina Bay Sands, Level 5, Stand 5L4-10

Sailfish for Gemini Community Edition available to download now

CommunicAsia, 26th June 2018: Planet Computers today announces the Gemini PDA will feature Sailfish OS mobile operating system, developed by Finnish mobile company Jolla.

The long-standing partnership between the two companies means Sailfish 3 – the third generation of the open-source mobile operating system, based on the Linux kernel – is to be made available on the Gemini PDA.

The Gemini PDA is a quad-boot mobile device, capable of booting into Android OS as well as a number of Linux distributions – including Sailfish OS.

Sailfish X, the downloadable and official version of the OS, will be available in late 2018 and will feature a suite of advanced functions including: over-the-air (OTA) updates; Jolla Store access; end-user support; and crucially for Gemini users, full support for landscape user-interface (UI), encrypted user data and communications, Android app support and a refreshed user interface, with improvements like redesigned email.

In the meantime, Sailfish for Gemini Community Edition – a community supported version based on Sailfish OS 2.0 – is free and available to download now: http://support.planetcom.co.uk/index.php/SailfishOS

Gemini PDA is being showcased at CommunicAsia 2018 – Marina Bay Sands, Level 5, Stand 5L4-10.

Dr Janko Mrsic-Flogel, CEO of Planet Computers comments: “This is the next stage in our partnership with Jolla and it is an important step in our mission to open up the Gemini PDA to the Sailfish community. Users will be able to benefit from the technical performance provided by the quad-boot features of the Gemini PDA and explore the power of Sailfish OS for themselves.”

Sami Pienimäki, CEO of Jolla, says: “We are excited that Gemini PDA will join the Sailfish X family starting now with the community edition, and followed by the official version later this year. Gemini PDA with its full QWERTY keyboard is a very lucrative device for many Sailfish fans and it also brings back memories of the iconic Nokia N900 device. Gemini PDA with Sailfish OS is a very powerful combination.”

Gemini PDA has raised more than $2.3 million in investment to date. For the latest updates, click here: http://ow.ly/qaFD30g3Ihv.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: