Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by maxdroid View Post
Will try this within 2 hours and let you know, thanks a lot

edit: I'm connecting the phone before I type the commands, or after like flasher -R? will just try both ways if no answer until I get home
type the commands and after that connect the phone

Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
type the commands and after that connect the phone
It worked mr wizard Thank you so much!! I'm in

It worked mr wizard Thank you so much!! I'm in
your lucky because it happened to me a few days ago and after that download power control from store ( 1-click reboot/shutdown) and turn it off and disable rd mode

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I don't know how the switch looks either, but you're probably right although I've heard you have to change the whole chassi for phone since the switch is in this. I still have one month of warranty left thankfully but still. It's the nokia n9 power button (below volume buttons) I'm talking about..
lol go straight to nokia please ! Btw i dont think the chasis has any relation with power button . And how does the power button feel on pressing when it worked and how it feels now.? If you are not going to nokia then find a service center or you need to open the device yourself which is a bit risky. the power buton would cost about 120 to 200 ruppes at max. Pretty cheap and most of the electronic service centers can do the replacement .

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Alternatively you can open the device and connect the two points of power switch to determine the fault if its power button problem or some breakage in power line in phones like thease its highly adviced to desolder the battery before operation hope you send it to nokia.

your lucky because it happened to me a few days ago and after that download power control from store ( 1-click reboot/shutdown) and turn it off and disable rd mode
Please tell me more. Will this "power control" help somehow? (searched the store couldn't find anything).

I'm the unluchy owner of an N9 with a broken power button that I'm afraid to let run out of power before I can find a replacement

if I turn it off and disable rd mode how do I start it up again? won't it just go into the same black screen on reboot as before then. If not how do I disable the rd mode.... I'm not sure about what to do again.... I'm a bit unfamiliar about this remember.

I intend to flash my phone to stock and send it for repairs, hopefully they just switch the whole phone cause I will also complain about the screen being a bit buggy which it is. sometimes I have to let screen go black 3 times before slide open works (since I cant use powerbutton I have to wait for it to go dark before next attempt)

Originally Posted by Vaskinn View Post
Please tell me more. Will this "power control" help somehow? (searched the store couldn't find anything).

I'm the unluchy owner of an N9 with a broken power button that I'm afraid to let run out of power before I can find a replacement
It's called Power Control and I already got it. It works to reboot on my phone without it going black in startup without powerbutton.
I've had it for a couple weeks.

if I turn it off and disable rd mode how do I start it up again? won't it just go into the same black screen on reboot as before then. If not how do I disable the rd mode.... I'm not sure about what to do again.... I'm a bit unfamiliar about this remember.

I intend to flash my phone to stock and send it for repairs, hopefully they just switch the whole phone cause I will also complain about the screen being a bit buggy which it is. sometimes I have to let screen go black 3 times before slide open works (since I cant use powerbutton I have to wait for it to go dark before next attempt)
use this flasher.exe --disable-rd-mode

to me after disabling rd harmattan booted normally . If it doesn't you can return to rd mode .

use this flasher.exe --disable-rd-mode

to me after disabling rd harmattan booted normally . If it doesn't you can return to rd mode .
Okey!