Active Topics

I've searched everywhere, google, youtube, and asked around. I can't seem to find the type of dictionary that is required for cleven. I mean I've download many things and I still can't get a confirmation. It would mean a lot if someone can simply explain to me what I should be looking for or where to find it. People are constantly suggesting that I search in other thread, but none of them realize that none of these questions are answered.

>_>

Last edited by aovide; 2015-04-14 at 21:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to aovide For This Useful Post:
A txt file with one word per line is OK.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Argentina
Look here.

Then, after you have downloaded some, put them on /home/user/.cleven/dictionaries

Cleven will let you choose wich one.

The Following User Says Thank You to jmo707 For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to make your own dictionary? How would you construct one that is effective? What are the guidelines when constructing one. Also if you don't mind me piggy-back'in but what would you suggest for a N900? I would like to formulate my own in time once i get the basics. I just got MAC so linux is pretty new to me.

@jmo707

Dictionary lists are just files with a list of passwords to try instead of trying to bruteforce it.

For a real life example consider the following:
You have a person in a room and you don't know their name.
So you write down a list of names:
John
Jane
Fred
Wilma

Alternatively you can go and download a list of names from google.

Then you go up to the person and ask them.
"Is your name John? Is your name Jane?"... and continue through the list until they either say
"Yes, my name is ..."
or you reach the end of your list.

If you reach the end of the list without a match you can try bruteforcing.
To do this you would be asking the person "Is your name A, Is your name Ab....Is your name Asdrvb2".
This method will take longer to get a match because it's trying every letter/number combination.

If you want to make a dictionary list more efficient you have to know more about the target.
For example you're trying to guess the persons name, but you know for a fact that this person is female.
So to make the list more efficient only ask the person female names.

Hopefully that makes sense.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ilew For This Useful Post:
Okay that does make sense. So I have a macbook now and I'm trying to understand how to us it with my n900. It's really a struggle. I'm not sure what dictionary i should be using with the like provided above. My network password consist of a random combination of random numbers and letters. No word can be formed, I'm not sure if my dict is too weak or if my password is too strong. I have about 10k packets of data on cleven and I still can crack it with http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/security/too…all/wordlists/ [all.txt].

What's frustrating me more than anything is that my Pass as multiple Caps and I'm curious if that's what makes my encryption so strong or if my selection of dict is terrible.
*ANY IDEAS*?

Last edited by aovide; 2015-04-20 at 20:28.

Are there any online dictionary makers that I can use to generate my own dict?