Active Topics

Notices

Hi,

My college has a proxy with authentication.
On my Ubuntu, I was able to bypass this by running a proxy daemon (called ntlmaps). I give it proxy, username, password, and domain and it listens on a specific port. And from my apps, i point to localhost:thatport, and ntlmaps does the authentication for me.

What I request is a similar application for N900, as pointed out here:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9491#c3

That would be great.

Regards,
Chadi,

Anyone? Sorry for double posting.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
hmm i haven't seen an option for proxies anywhere on my N900.
i think that would be an absolutely must have! not only to set up proxies with user/password, but to have the option to use proxies at all.

Originally Posted by assetburned View Post
hmm i haven't seen an option for proxies anywhere on my N900.
i think that would be an absolutely must have! not only to set up proxies with user/password, but to have the option to use proxies at all.
You can set a proxy in the advanced settings of your network connection. However, the authentication part is the problem in my case.

Bump. I am looking for someone who can port ntlmaps which I use on Ubuntu for ARM, if it can be done. Please!

Just an observation as I do not have an MS proxy to test with.
The ntlmaps package appears to be python scripts. The version of ntlmaps in the Ubuntu 9.04 repositories is the same as the tarball on ntlmaps.sourceforge.net. The only dependency I noticed was wget. There is an install.txt in the Sourceforge tarball. The server.cfg from your working Ubuntu setup should work with the N900.
Sorry if this is all old news to you.
Maybe someone with more knowledge can answer your question soon.
I have been watching this thread as I work for a MS centric organization.

Take care.

Hey rustler,

I think I partially solved this problem by installing ntlmaps on easy debian :-)

I'm gonna try it tomorrow.

And yea, I porting ntlmaps should be easy, but I don't have enough experience to do that...