Active Topics

*breathes a huge sigh of relief*

Ok this is way above my head will this help the device and in what way? Will this help with getting more apps that is for this device?

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by backwoods View Post
Ok this is way above my head will this help the device and in what way? Will this help with getting more apps that is for this device?
Yes. It's a big deal.

It means N900 will be getting the major OS that Nokia and Intel are really pushing right now and for the future. It means more apps. More bug fixes. Newer features. A more complete OS. (being optimistic here but it surely is not entirely a dream)

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
but that does not mean nokia will release meego as a n900 upgrade with there UX and all nokia services for end users which is what people are thinking by reading that line.
if it did mean that nokia would not be announcing it on some obscure blog they would be making a big deal out of it at some conference.
Indeed, this doesn't really tell us anything new, nor does it answer the Harmattan/N900 issue. Basically it's a summary post of a lot of stuff we already knew or could safely assume.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
One question though. i wonder when MeeGo will actually be released for the n900? hmmmmmm

just wanted to say THANK YOU! Finally some actual information from an official source about meego instead of the wild speculation that has plagued some of the other threads.

It doesn't say anything about releases ;-)

Presumably one would be able to build MeeGo for N900 next month if their bootstrap schedule holds.

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
It doesn't say anything about releases ;-)

Presumably one would be able to build MeeGo for N900 next month if their bootstrap schedule holds.

jesus. wouldnt of expected it to be that soon? this just keeps getting better. all smilies from now on

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Indeed, this doesn't really tell us anything new, nor does it answer the Harmattan/N900 issue. Basically it's a summary post of a lot of stuff we already knew or could safely assume.
smiling until i saw that. hmmmmmmm i feel like the confusion is back again. lol here we go again

qgil is there truth in this???

Last edited by felbutss; 2010-03-04 at 07:36.

Well, this is just like Debian free. Do you think there is cellular binary available? No way, because that requires certification process. MeeGo for N900 is really a geek stuff and an ordinary user should not use that. So as other have already pointed, this does not tell anything about Nokia's support to get Harmattan/Maemo6/MeeGo whatever for N900.