Active Topics

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
after the 1.1 firmware update, and if so any good(obviously only for peops that did the reboot fix)

sorry if its been mentioned- cant find anything

thanks!

anyone-or anyone know has this fix been implemented or not.

I'm not quite sure exactly which fix you're referring to - can you clarify?

Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
The would be the "echo 0 > /sys/power/enable_off_mode" patch to stop devices suffering from random reboots.. It affects some N900s and this fix suggested by Nokia on the bug thread seems to help a lot of users..

Even if the reboot problems hasn't been fixed, the "bricking" after 17 reboots has been fixed.. so it should be safe enough to turn it back on, even if the update hasn't done so by itself..

I'm guessing that you're asking because it's still off after an update..

yeah i checked that its on 0.

the problem isnt the 17 times rebooting- to clear that count just shut the unit down youeslf.

the problem is the feeling i get when it reboots , i feel like my device is flawed. i dont like it. and i think it causes long term damage to it an all.

i was just seeing if anyone has tried.

oh sod it i will change it through echo temporaliy to 1 and post my findings.

Last edited by mysticrokks; 2010-01-14 at 23:03.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Yes, I've put back enable_off to 1 and didnt have a reboot for the last 4-5 hours.

BTW, there some threads about this and a bug report. you should check those for more info.

This was supposedly fixed in PR1.1, but as the nokia rep. said in the bug report, some people have rare reboot issues that may still occur, but for most people the latest firmware should work. Check out this for more info.

Last edited by jayford; 2010-01-14 at 23:17.

ok i am testing this hard core- have zootube running- searching hard on firefox and the standard browser, have media player/ovi maps/all other apps on(30 in total) and i will see what happens

it seems good so far only mins but the machine is flying , and i am maxing it out.

gonna change the pm config

Originally Posted by jayford View Post
This was supposedly fixed in PR1.1, but as the nokia rep. said in the bug report, some people have rare reboot issues that may still occur, but for most people the latest firmware should work. Check out this for more info.

i feel very dyslexic on those bug reports- i just cannot work them out.

i searched and searched and couldnt find anything saying in plain simple english that boot reason 32w was dealt with with this update. but it seems to be so yippee.