Active Topics

Notices

Hi All,

I recently installed an app which came with a widget, which comes up after every reboot. I cant seem to find any settings to stop it from coming up.

Is there a file somewhere that can be edited showing what widgets etc come up on startup?

Thanks in adv.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
What device do you have? N900, N800, N9, N950? What widget is it? What "app" did you install?

On Maemo, typically if you edit your desktop and remove a widget, if it really is a widget, it won't come back on it's own.

I have a N900. Installed Crochik MyContacts. I've rebooted so many times and it does keep coming back.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Is your problem that you've installed an app which by default shows a widget on the screen? You want to disable the widget but keep the app? If so, then the solution should be simple. Tap on the top right corner of your screen to make a blue cogwheel appear. Tap on that wheel to enter edit mode. Remove the widget. Tap Done in the top right corner.

hey there,

I know how to do that. Just that widget keeps coming back after every reboot of the phone.
I want to know if there is a txt file which i can edit the startup processes.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Is your problem that you've installed an app which by default shows a widget on the screen? You want to disable the widget but keep the app? If so, then the solution should be simple. Tap on the top right corner of your screen to make a blue cogwheel appear. Tap on that wheel to enter edit mode. Remove the widget. Tap Done in the top right corner.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Just that widget keeps coming back after every reboot of the phone.
Priceless:

MyContacts is an application suite that offers a "desktop widget", alternative contacts front-end with multiple views, services to monitor incoming calls (custom ring tones per group and auto-reject calls) and a simple interface to the "online accounts" and contacts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post: