Active Topics

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
The latest Ovi Suite can detect the N900 and it works flawlessly. Map Loader and PC Suite are deprecated, and make sure you uninstall the other drivers before installing Ovi Suite.

i get the 'cant find maps on your device' error with latest 3.1.1.78 version. what to do? i have umplugged it and started maps and let it reset itself but it still doesnt work

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Ireland
Sorry to dredge up a slightly old thread, but I'm getting the same "can't find the maps folder on your device " error when connected to OVI suite 3.1 (latest version ).

I've removed and recreated the cities folder, but no dice.

anyone else seen this and found a workaround ?

Thanks,
Joe.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ LONDON s/east
Hi

I have been having a nightmare trying to get "ovimaps" to find my N900 via Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1. I keep getting mess that Ovi is unable to open MAP FOLDERS on my device. Then goes on to say that either my device is non compatible or my map files on my N900 are broken.

I have tried to un-install OviMaps but cant neither can i update it in any way so i am completly lost

I have read through so many threads and tried so many times to gain the ability to load up any maps but no joy
Please can someone help

I have the latest software updates for my N900 and Ovi Suite yet that dosent seem to make any difference and its getting frustrating.

Also im no techy so unable to understand how to get the VOICE GUIDANCE that has been created specifically for the N900 & Ovi maps.

ie... using the ROOT access bits and changing file names etc....
So could someone do a dumbed up (or dumbed down) step by step guide so i can get voice guidance. Please

JJ

Try doing it with the maps application open.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ LONDON s/east
lol ive tried that and many different things but still no joy

JJ