Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ sweden
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ah, I needed that extra "s" (and Google for some reason keeps trying to remove it ). But still, all I can find so far is that Andersson is an in-house brand name for a company called NetOnNet. My guess is that these are re-branded devices from other manufacturers; but, I can't seem to find any info on NetOnNet suppliers.

In any case, if we can determine exactly who manufactures these TVs, we'd have a chance at determining what keyset it requires.
The Andersson brand is manufactured by turkish vestel.

The Following User Says Thank You to Roger-1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Roger-1 View Post
The Andersson brand is manufactured by turkish vestel.
Aha! I've got a couple of Vestel config files. I'll put them on the list, maybe they will work...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Thanks Copernicus, please do and IŽll try them. Best regards

Aha! I've got a couple of Vestel config files. I'll put them on the list, maybe they will work...

As sixwheeledbeast suggested the "Philips TV Keyset 1" worked with my 1995 Magnavox 19" CRT TV.

The "Panasonic TV Keyset 1b" works perfectly with my Viera TC-42S30 plasma.

Any chance of a Motorola Cable Box Keyset? The qtirreco server had a DCH3200 Motorola set which worked on my Motorola HDTV Dual Tuner DVR DCH-3416 AND my Pace TDC-575D SDTV Dual Tuner DVR. I expect that it will work with all Comcast cable boxes (it worked with all of mine until I had to flash my N900 and qtirreco never worked again and the servers seemed to go down for remote control downloads).

Thanks for creating something which works and with buttons which are properly positioned, Copernicus!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeyman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
Any chance of a Motorola Cable Box Keyset? The qtirreco server had a DCH3200 Motorola set which worked on my Motorola HDTV Dual Tuner DVR DCH-3416 AND my Pace TDC-575D SDTV Dual Tuner DVR.
In theory, I should be able to import any LIRC config file into Pierogi, and I've got that file, so I'll put it on my list.

And yeah, I've tried to lay out the buttons in a manner that I personally find useful. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by mmaadx View Post
Perhaps you could also tie in the user input to hardware buttons if you actually do end up doing it?
Only just spotted this post must have read over it.
What a good idea.
How about typing on the keyboard brings up a search bar?

I am going to rework the keyset management code as soon as I get the chance, and see if I can reduce Pierogi's memory footprint.
Currently hitting 21.6% ram in top, not complaining but it's only going to get bigger as more keysets are requested.
How's the rework going?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Only just spotted this post must have read over it.
What a good idea.
How about typing on the keyboard brings up a search bar?
Ah, I was thinking about mapping remote buttons to keyboard buttons... But actually, the ability to search the list of keysets would be very nice! Let me look into that.

Currently hitting 21.6% ram in top, not complaining but it's only going to get bigger as more keysets are requested.
How's the rework going?
Yeah, I think I remember Pierogi only using a bit over 10 percent when I first checked last month. I've got the planning in place, but to be honest I've placed priority on adding requested keysets first. (Willing beta-testers are a precious resource not to be wasted!)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Ah, I was thinking about mapping remote buttons to keyboard buttons... But actually, the ability to search the list of keysets would be very nice! Let me look into that.
Eventually as the Compatible Devices List gets bigger maybe the search can be adapted to search for a device.

Yeah, I think I remember Pierogi only using a bit over 10 percent when I first checked last month. I've got the planning in place, but to be honest I've placed priority on adding requested keysets first. (Willing beta-testers are a precious resource not to be wasted!)
That's cool just wondering.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

Willing beta-testers are a precious resource not to be wasted!
On that thought, are there any guidelines for testing keysets? For any willing testers

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Is the point of the project to implement all of LIRC's database or just to add keysets when requested? Why don't you make a way to enable the community to contribute with keyset data/import from LIRC instead of channeling everyone's wishes through you? I understand you are aiming for a universal RC - so you group similar remotes to keysets or something?

I think it would be cool to show information which remotes/devices are supported for each keyset inside Pierogi.

Also... could you get this one in http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/sony/RM-887

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control