Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I was aware of the package1 vs. package1-dev dichotomy. What confused me was the lib and the misplaced hyphen. Many packages come in two parts for some obscure reason, package1 and libpackage1. So, when I saw libhildon1-dev on the list, I naturally assumed it was the dev counterpart of libhildon1, not hildon-1. D'oh!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Has anyone had any luck with fakeroot on the N900? The only fakerrot package I have found is fakeroot-net in SDK. But when I try to use it to run e.g. dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot, I get a segmentation fault. Is this a problem with fakeroot or with my environment (for example, it depends on libc6 >= 2.5.0-1; mine is 2.5.1-1)? How can I fix it?

I have been getting around this so far by running dpkg-buildpackage as real root. Is there any problem with that? For example I have been getting the following from autobuilder...

Code:
[2014-05-18 07:31:29] ERROR running /etc/buildme.d/check_build: Unknown
user.(root) No entry for terminal type "unknown";
using dumb terminal settings.
No entry for terminal type "unknown";
using dumb terminal settings.
...but the package was successfully built and uploaded to extras-devel.

(As a by-the-way, am I the only one here developing on the device? Scratchbox seems to be the tool of choice for most people but I find it a bit cumbersome.)

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
That error message doesnt do any harm, but can be eliminated by setting TERM environment variable

.bash_profile:

term=xterm

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post: