Posts: 4 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ United Kingdom

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corobi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Bottom line says everything.

So, looks like another long game of wait and see, eh?

Was just going to post this. People are so fast to jump on things here.

Only thing we can do is wait and the real thing will come as actual announcement.

That said, please do not take this yet as a commitment to fully productise MeeGo on N900. I am quite confident that we will end up having a really good developer distro for N900 already but committing to stabilise a consumer-grade MeeGo 1.0 (first half this year) for N900 is another story.
Yep, and it ain't open either. Like the author says, another long game of wait and see.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I guess "The N900 is not upgradable to MeeGo" is just helpdesk speak for "WTF is MeeGo???"
It doesn't mean anything besides the Nokia employee quoted on CNET being clueless about MeeGo.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
What_does_it_really_mean_for_my_N900_.3F

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
What_does_it_really_mean_for_my_N900_.3F
And while this page is a really good repository of information, can you point out the parts of it from which an average end user (i.e. not a developer) can take heart?

this isn't a challenge by the way, I just can't see the parts of it that actually mean something for me (as an average user).

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by Freemantle View Post
this isn't a challenge by the way, I just can't see the parts of it that actually mean something for me (as an average user).
That info's in the section linked-to, the answer is:

"That said, please do not take this yet as a commitment to fully productise MeeGo on N900. I am quite confident that we will end up having a really good developer distro for N900 already but committing to stabilise a consumer-grade MeeGo 1.0 (first half this year) for N900 is another story. That is a product business decision beyond my scope. Also, we do not yet know about MeeGo 1 release content. I am not yet sure if I would be personally ready to let my Maemo5 go for the first MeeGo release in my daily N900 use."

In other words, the chance of a consumer-ready flavour of meego on the n900 (at least anytime soon) is slim, what's coming are semi-functioning developer-use-only installs. Whether a consumer release comes soon or atall depends on managery executivy types, not developers.

The Following User Says Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
ah, yeah, I read that bit. Had thought that there was a trick I was missing.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Houston TX
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/16/n...losed-on-n900/
Is this source trustworthy enough to clear all the "FUD"
Doesnt still prove n900 is getting meego but a stable distro is fine by me

The Following User Says Thank You to vinverth For This Useful Post: