Active Topics

Just got a new N9 and updated to PR 1.1. Got the MFE work for my gmail account, select "always update". All works perfectly for mail, contact, and calendar - almost update mails instantaneously. I also like the UI and clear font with the built-in mail APP.

However, I do notice some weird things:

(1) seems only the mails within 3 days are displayed. Older than 3 days will be deleted automatically. Is there a way to modify this 3-day limits?

(2) It works very well for new email notification for the first mail coming in. Then if I did not check that new mail and let it be there, there will be no more notifications (sound or vibration) for the following new mails coming in. Just you can see the increase of new email numbers on the notification screen. Only after you check the emails and clear the new mail signs, it start to play the sound and vibrate when receive the first new mail, and problems again after that. Just wonder if this is a way by design or it is a bug already reported or can be fixed by changing setting.

Not sure if these two issues were discussed before. Any help is appreciated.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Switzerland
Hi all,

As explained upper, I have the problem too... When an email comes, my N9 notifies me with a sound, but if I dont read the mail and don't clear the notification, if a 2nd e-mail comes, I dont have any sound notification...

Please, could you test with your N9 ? I feel that before my hard reset, I didnt have this problem, but not sure...

Thanks

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
It is a known limitation of the system. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done.