Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
After update (flashing) to PR1.3 I noticed about a strange problem with power save mode.. He not disconnect from internet if you have some browser windows opened and IM messengers connected..
It work only if you manually set power save mode to ON.
If you set this to "automatic", for example to 20%, the power save mode start, but live the internet connection on. And now, if you close you im messengers And browser windows, it will close your internet connection.
Same with ProfileMatic..

In PR 1.2 it worked perfectly.. Someone know what the problem?
Thanks

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hello.

I'm 99% sure that is just a new feature and there's a reason for that.

In PR1.2 PSM works anywhere, but there's a usability problem with internet connection. In PR1.3 the phone realizes that you are using internet (IM's, browser etc) so there's no reason to close down the connection. Only after you close the app that uses internet, it will shut down. It's one of the many "usability improvements" that nokia claims I guess.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to late88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
For me, this PR1.3 behavior is more convenient. If i browse, i want to browse, if i chat, i want to chat.

Originally Posted by smcsa View Post
For me, this PR1.3 behavior is more convenient. If i browse, i want to browse, if i chat, i want to chat.
Excactly. That's the point for the behavior.

Originally Posted by late88 View Post
Hello.

I'm 99% sure that is just a new feature and there's a reason for that.

In PR1.2 PSM works anywhere, but there's a usability problem with internet connection. In PR1.3 the phone realizes that you are using internet (IM's, browser etc) so there's no reason to close down the connection. Only after you close the app that uses internet, it will shut down. It's one of the many "usability improvements" that nokia claims I guess.
Saving internet connection ON when it on PSM - I don't think is this a good feature, because it continue eating my battery !
But thanks for answer anyway...

If you want to save battery why would you keep an app open that uses internet connection? If you put the app in the background, connection shuts down again. I really don't see a problem here

Look, in PR1.2 it worked like this.
For PSM i used profilematic app. For example, i have 2-3 Brower windows opened in multitasking screen and two IM's connected (online). I put my phone on the table and go to sleep. At the specific time the PSM activated and automatically close internet connection, bt etc.. And i know it save my battery until morning and i not need to do anything... At the morning the PSM stop to work and internet connection come back and my IM's also connected to i-net.. I will go to work with phone connected to the important stuff like evening before.. And i know it saved my battery at night..

Example 2: my battery almost empty (10%), PSM start and I expect him to close internet connection for saving my battery, but still its not work...

And now in PR 1.3 its not work like this, i need to do some actions manually like close all browser windows and im's offline..

Not really convenient...

Last edited by Schturman; 2012-07-09 at 23:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
come, the battery drain is zero. I have set a 30 min update to the weather, 3 emails. Wifi n. BT on
the battery idle dropped from 18 mA to 9 mA!!. Now I have estimates I was just dreaming before PR 1.3 - 6 days.

lighten up, the indicator has to turn blue in 2g/3g to actually produce load. The WiFi is flawless now.

Last edited by taviman; 2012-07-10 at 06:04.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
My wifi is terrible!

For Me, the power saving mode is somehow permanently on. Which Means I cannot get a quality wifi connection without using command line to manually fix it.

Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
My wifi is terrible!

For Me, the power saving mode is somehow permanently on. Which Means I cannot get a quality wifi connection without using command line to manually fix it.
Try to reflash it should fix your problem..

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post: