Active Topics

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I don't know how long you can wait, or what your budget constraints are, but this pre-review for the forthcoming BB Passport, is very positive (granted it's done by a fanboy). The keyboard sounds like it's groundbreaking:
http://crackberry.com/exclusive-pre-...medium=twitter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the really helpful answers, feedback and advice guys. I'm glad that N900/N9 users find this phone reasonable to use. This type of feedback was very important to me.

Besides that, I have been keeping an eye out on the BB Passport but I know for a fact it will be a very expensive phone and of late, I've been so spoilt by the legendary N900, that I will only pay hard cash for any phone that comes close the greatness of that beast. To my knowledge, no such phone exists in the world at the moment. Although Jolla with HWKB might get there soon.

In the meantime, I need a phone with a solid browser, and compatibility with modern API's for email and to some extent stuff like Viber/whatsapp to keep in touch with family and friends and for coordinating with people.

A couple of things that I would really love some feedback on:

1. What is the book reading experience like on the z10? I'm crazy enough to have read the first 2 and half of book 3 of the Game of Thrones series on my N900 so I do a lot of reading. I used FB reader which is fantastic. What options do I have on BB?

2. About android apps, I care a GREAT deal about Zite, which I used extensively on my HP Touchpad running WebOS. I would love if someone could check for me how Zite (android) version works on BBM. (i dont think that have a native app.

3. Lastly, is there any way to get San Andreas android version working on BB Z10? I think the Z30 has slightly better GPU. So wanted to ask if someone has tried it out. Although this last one is not as important as the first 2 points are.

Thanks again in advance for being so helpful guys. I really appreciate the help I get on this amazing forum and from this awesome community.

Originally Posted by prosetheus View Post
In the meantime, I need a phone with a solid browser, and compatibility with modern API's for email and to some extent stuff like Viber/whatsapp to keep in touch with family and friends and for coordinating with people.
Z10 has a very solid and fast browser with flash support.
I also use Whatsapp on it. Works seamlessly, is integrated in the hub.
There is an app for Viber, I have no experience with it.
And of course emails works very well, Outlook and gmail atleast.

1. What is the book reading experience like on the z10? .... I used FB reader which is fantastic. What options do I have on BB?
There is FBreader available BB app store. I used it to read several books. No issues there.

2. About android apps, I care a GREAT deal about Zite, which I used extensively on my HP Touchpad running WebOS. I would love if someone could check for me how Zite (android) version works on BBM. (i dont think that have a native app.
Android apps work. Tried few of them. I don't use many apps. But I prefer Native apps, they look better. Never used Zite
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.