Notices

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
I have posted a new app to extras-devel (in utilities) called nixieclock. It is a clock with nixietube numbers. Double-tap to enter or exit fullscreen mode.

I admit that this is the second-least useful app I have ever written, but I really needed a new testbed for the process of taking a working Qt Creator app and uploading it to the repositories. I am going to write up the process asap because it really is pretty easy and nobody else should have to do the days of research and testing I did just to get a Qt app in the repos. It really takes just 10 or 15 minutes; you are done prepping it long before they approve the Garage project...

Also, I like nixie tubes.

Screenshot will be attached here asap.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
looking nice

Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
I have posted a new app to extras-devel (in utilities) called nixieclock. It is a clock with nixietube numbers. Double-tap to enter or exit fullscreen mode.

I admit that this is the second-least useful app I have ever written, but I really needed a new testbed for the process of taking a working Qt Creator app and uploading it to the repositories. I am going to write up the process asap because it really is pretty easy and nobody else should have to do the days of research and testing I did just to get a Qt app in the repos. It really takes just 10 or 15 minutes; you are done prepping it long before they approve the Garage project...

Also, I like nixie tubes.

Screenshot will be attached here asap.
Ah yes a howto package and upload to repos with qt creator would save a lot of reading

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Ah yes a howto package and upload to repos with qt creator would save a lot of reading
That's the plan! I hope to pound it out this evening (I am in Texas so it is afternoon here and I am supposed to be doing gainful employment for my day job). Then there is no excuse for more apps to come rolling into the repositories...

I'll post a link here when it is available somewhere.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Wow, that's a beaut... is there an option for blue ? :-)

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
Would be nice to set it up as a livewallpeaper

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Wow, that's a beaut... is there an option for blue ? :-)
The red numbers had creative commons license on wikimedia commons. I didn't dig very hard for blue ones, but I am sure some Gimp jujitsu could make it happen. I am thinking about a calculator, so who knows....but there are a few other projects in line before that one--most especially writing up the Howto mentioned above.

Finally! The long awaited follow up to Old School!

And it's another good 'un, Mr rmerren! More power to your Qt elbow!

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Ahhh...a note from my fellow traveler in useless apps. I have not graduated to Kojacker's level as my apps do not require any finger pulling!

Seriously, though, I promise some more useful stuff...the was really just an exercise in shaking out the packaging process.

The Following User Says Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
what I need most is a cool desktop widgetclock/applet but not sure it is possible to write qt hildondesktop apps. But maybe U can try :hint hint