Active Topics

i am not a programmer even not a heavy user of n900 and maemo but i think we dont need android on n900 because maemo is much better in many ways, it is easier and sophisticated and this is charming of maemo.....
and we use android just because they have more applications and games thats all and dont forget iphone also the same like android just becasue they have much more applications too and thats it both of android and iphone dont have powerful maemo that we have...
and we just need more and more applications and games thats all...
but this is just my opinion no more....
so if the great programmes that we have can make the maemo do iphone and android application work on maemo so we all will not need any android and iphone.....
but this is my opinion of alittle user called amar.................

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amar993t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
u use so many dots!!!
android on maemo in my opinion was made for the apps and basically just because we can. itll be a long while until nitdroid gets calling and texting and stuff like that to work, but for now its just for the fun of having 2 os's and impressing ur friends and trying out new apps
maemo of course is better because it is built just for n900 and its been polished and everything.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flipalong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Paris
If someone is going to tell to my little baby so gifted called n900 that he should do only this and that I think that he'll be not very happy... as his owner btw. Overclocking, tweaking, running multiple OS are things that he cannot miss..
So please let him enjoy himself and better say thanks to nitdroid team for the fantastic job done!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bingbings For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Th N900 is a computer. why not have as many programs and systems as possible?
I love the fact that we can swap and go as WE please, not as Nokia sees fit.

Long live the open'ness!!

android!
ubuntu!
meego!
debian!
arch! (chroot!)
fedora!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
i agree with all of you i love the n900 and i will not forget the wonderfull nitdroid team for their effort to aknowledge the world with our power maemo
but like i said in my last thread it is just my opinion...... many many...... dots just for ....... you.....flipalong

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Can't wait for the "we dont need maemo on n900!!" thread when MeeGo comes out, too.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by amar993t View Post
i am not a programmer even not a heavy user of n900 and maemo but i think we dont need android on n900 because maemo is much better in many ways, it is easier and sophisticated and this is charming of maemo.....
and we use android just because they have more applications and games thats all and dont forget iphone also the same like android just becasue they have much more applications too and thats it both of android and iphone dont have powerful maemo that we have...
and we just need more and more applications and games thats all...
but this is just my opinion no more....
so if the great programmes that we have can make the maemo do iphone and android application work on maemo so we all will not need any android and iphone.....
but this is my opinion of alittle user called amar.................
another diehard fanboy called amar. developers did that simply because the device is capable of doing it! we do whatever n900 can do. I think you have to change title of the thread to "I don't need android on n900" because it's your personal opinion.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It is impossible for anyone but a fanboy to discover the relative merits of Android to Maemo without trying both. It is useful to run Nitdroid because it gives you an idea how it works on the N900. If it runs badly, that is useful information. If it runs well, that is useful information.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Since this thread is useless junk, I thought I could get an advantage from it by postin' something very usefull here; Any one from Sweden would like to mail me few cans of portion snus? I just ran out.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Vilken sort?

Tags
awesome!, be nice to him, blah blah blah, gtfo already, maemo, useless junk, what?