Poll: Would you buy an N10 with the above spec?
Poll Options
Would you buy an N10 with the above spec?

Btw i have noticed especially in My Nokia Blog people actually beliving Nokia will some day make another MeeGo/Maemo device in the high end.

Are people example here in here actually in the belive that there's even a change of MeeGo/Maemo device in the future?
I just wonder where the whole thought is coming. Meltemi is another story of course, but you can't call those devices N900/N9 successor.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I'm not falling for that one again, I'm done after the N9, moving on to some other OS's.
WP will be the last on my list, I'll give it a shot eventually, but it won't be a Nokia WP.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-10 at 14:50. Reason: typo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I'm not falling for that one again, I'm done after the N9, moving on to some other OS's.
WP being the last on my list, I'll give it a shot eventually too, but it won't be a Nokia WP.

Kind of agreed, but to me its the other way around. I have used every OS (yeh even iOS) and only WP is left un-tested may be Lumia 900 is my next phone in 4/5 months.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
only 3 option will be available, WP, droid, iOS
no one thats as cool as maemo, sigh
i will use my N900 till it die,

tizen?? any news?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Tarzan- View Post
Kind of agreed, but to me its the other way around.
I have used every OS (yeh even iOS) and only WP is left un-tested may be Lumia 900 is my next phone in 4/5 months.
There's no way I'll support a strategy that killed any chance of Maemo or a derivative in the high-end.
I've used almost everything but WP too, I'll prolly get the 808 1st*, then it's toss-up between the 1st Tizen ph or my 1st WP.**
But again, it won't be a Nokia WP....

*top-end Android & maybe some more N9's (2nd-hand) before that.
**unless the iPhone i5's mind-blowing, which I doubt.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-10 at 15:33. Reason: typo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
There's no way I'll support a strategy that killed any chance of Maemo or a derivative in the high-end.
I've used almost everything but WP too, I'll prolly get the 808 1st, then it's toss-up between the 1st Tizen ph or my 1st WP.*
But again, it won't be a Nokia WP....

*unless iPhone i5's mind-blowing, which I doubt.
I'd rather buy 10 LG $hitty phones than to win an iPhone in a lucky draw.

I'm loyal to Nokia, so no matter what OS, it has to be Nokia

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
...give it body like N950 and make it dualcore, and pair it with best gpu, hardware keyboard ...
I was thinking the optional add-on attachable keyboard would cater for the N950 'hardware keyboard' side of the userbase, though it would probably depend on how well it was executed.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Are people example here in here actually in the belive that there's even a change of MeeGo/Maemo device in the future?
Quite unlikely under the current management, but then I have seen stranger decisions made.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
yeah, if nokia still manage to use WP as their main OS and stoping maemo development then N9 will be my last nokia phone, if tizen never come android is better than the rest(no offense), maemo with proper support will rule!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
I would buy the N10: (1) if E-Yes (or some other solution) can get Android apps running smoothly on the device, (2) if it has top HSDPA speeds on T-Mobile, (3) if the battery were extended, like the Rzr Maxx or whatever. You can get a good extended battery for like $50 (see Samsung 2000mAh) and I have seen 3600 mAh batteries for not much more. Uhm, did I mention that I'm a heavy user and can't stand battery issues!?!

Also, I'd like to see better ppi display quality, matching competitors' products. And ability to play ANY video encountered on the web smoothly--no more incompatibility issues, hardware issues, etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ The Netherlands
I feel that i've paid $200 too much for my N9, and that would probably be the same with a direct successor. So no i wouldn't get one, i enjoy PR1.2 but i don't like/love it that much. I wouldn't mind getting a Galaxy Nexus successor in due time if it doesn't have a pentile screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to litemotiv For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, free oss, goodbyenokia, idiot thread, idiotibrakalifa, schizophrenia, tizen doa, tizen lives, tizen schmizen, troll fest!