Notices

Originally Posted by philh View Post
Hmm the player worked perfectly well yesterday but today just after it says Loading Playlist it closes saying Invalid Playlist File. I tried reinstalling but that didn't help. Any ideas?
They changed the way the website handled cookies, but I have now updated the application so that this should not happen any more. However, it seems that video doesn't work for some channels (for example BBC1) at the moment. I hope that can be fixed by changing the mplayer options, but I haven't found a way yet.

Originally Posted by arajantie View Post
However, it seems that video doesn't work for some channels (for example BBC1) at the moment. I hope that can be fixed by changing the mplayer options, but I haven't found a way yet.
To solve this problem see this post.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried to record via tvc?
when a station is selected eg bbc1 and you set it to record the file does not play back. The file type when i checked it was noted as being a message catalouge. Has anyone managed to record with tvc and get the recording to play?

TV Catchup Player used to run really smoothly for me but since getting a replacement device and re-installing its really laggy, the audio and video go out of sync, sometimes the video pauses and the audio is always stuttering meaning you get the beginning and the end of a sentence only.

Its driving me insane, i love this app but even on my home wifi right next to the router im getting issues, anyone else experiencing this? have they increased the quality of the stream or something?

NB: Really sorry to perform such a massive necro but it doesnt seem theres a more current thread on this anywhere.

EDIT: getting between 1 and 6 Mbps

Last edited by mrexcess; 2011-06-19 at 19:44.

@mrexcess

I've been having same problems for past few weeks too

I've reverted to the tvcatchup mobile web page as i don't think this app is being maintained just now. No doubt it's a case of tweaking the settings but i don't know how.

yeah i found that and it seems to work better, albeit lower quality.

anyone know who released the tvcatchup player? was it arajantie, they made the origional tv catchup script). Hoping someone will take this on if its been dropped.