Posts: 45 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Hyderabad
Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
Hi there, I've dd the image to a 32gb sd class 10. I can see the 2.0 partition (ext4) in gparted but when I reboot and select Kali-Linux in U-Boot it says mmc0 no partition table.

Could someone kindly help me?
Thanks
BJ
Check your boot configuration file once. If possible can you post a screenshot of u-boot displaying the error?

The Following User Says Thank You to rapol.goutham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Thanks for the good work rapol.goutham.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by rapol.goutham View Post
Check your boot configuration file once. If possible can you post a screenshot of u-boot displaying the error?
It was a faulty memory card, I've used a new 32Gb one and all went good!

Thanks anyway

EDIT: it is autoshutting down everytime I arrive at the dashboard and after a few seconds it shuts down :-( why?

EDIT2: I think that's because of battery, in the boot sequence it says it isn't calibrated..as a proof if I keep the N900 plugged into wall charger no shutdown happens :-(

EDIT3: I fully charged the battery and done a reboot but shutdown happened once again after unplugging n900 from the charger...

Last edited by blackjack4it; 2016-05-05 at 06:28.

Bro I'm having so much issues. Can someone post a How-To video? I'm trying to do it on my macbook. I recently found my N900 and I'd love to test out Kali.

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I don't think a how to video will help you on this. Just read the install instructions, google, read some maemo wiki pages and read some more.

Last edited by jellyroll; 2016-06-02 at 07:57. Reason: SW keyboard

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Hi All!

In case of anyone is interested I shared the chrooted kali image I use. Details are here.

jm

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
If I install Kali linux, should I install this image and upgrade or should I go with the rolling release?
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
If I install Kali linux, should I install this image and upgrade or should I go with the rolling release?
I do not know whether your question is for me or not but if it is, my answer is: the image I uploaded is not installable so do not try to install it; it is just chrootable so you can use it as is and can install several thongs that is on the old kali repo.

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
I do not know whether your question is for me or not but if it is, my answer is: the image I uploaded is not installable so do not try to install it; it is just chrootable so you can use it as is and can install several thongs that is on the old kali repo.
More in general, what's the best way (most stable and versatile) when installing it

I must however say that I like your adjustments from what you described, mind sharing your desktop configs (i3, keyboard)?
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
More in general, what's the best way (most stable and versatile) when installing it

I must however say that I like your adjustments from what you described, mind sharing your desktop configs (i3, keyboard)?
Sorry for the late reply; here they are. Just remove the ".txt"...
Attached Files
File Type: txt rx-51.txt (18.2 KB, 116 views)
File Type: txt config.txt (5.0 KB, 111 views)

Tags
kali armhf, kali n900, kali nokia n900, kali rx51, linux n900