Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Suddenly, now, I imagined a handset phone with an inner shell made of nothing but eInk display (flat on all sides on the inner display, but a simple contoured smooth outer-shell surface on the outside acting as a magnifier, shaped similar to Palm WebOS phones), and a capacitive touchscreen surface all over on the outside. Best of all, because it's entirely nothing but eInk display, you could (by software) decide whether to have a black phone, a white phone, or any kind of a design all over the phone. Suddenly makes choose your desktop wallpaper on your current Android phone look stupid now, doesn't it? ...oh my God... ANIMATED SHELL!

Apple people! You can have your choice of WHITE... or BLACK with ANY unit!! Also, it can tell you when you're holding it wrong.

...& include all of the great ideas from the "I don't want a Phone, just a modernized N8x0" thread from before the N900 came out.

My biggest wish was Modular connecting via BT/WiFi/ NFC whatever.

Main Bits:

Cellular modem (bring your own carrier)
CPU/Storage/Battery
Screen - pick a size to fit your needs... resistive / capacitive
-Wrist mounted display / interface (ala Dick Tracy)
-Head mounted / glasses (for the super geeky)

New cellular tech hits 4(n+1)G or you change carriers....new modem vs new device.

New screen tech ... new screen vs new device

etc....

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Feast your eyes. A very early video of Honeycomb for the Tab:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYFZSw1Swrs

Running slow, but running!

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
http://www.gsmarena.com/gsmcapable_h...-news-2451.php
if this comes out, then n900 may come 2nd device...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenny1001 For This Useful Post:
Anyone have an HTC Incredible S yet?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
OT

I think Dan just invented the next scourge of college's everywhere....

L.A.A.R.R.P.ers (Live Action,Augmented Reality,Role Players)

Oh my God... I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. heheheh
Awesome, Snoshrk. For this, you have earned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zHZj8Xp-Ik
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Speaking of some interesting Android related marketing videos...

SONY XPERIA PLAY
Quote of the day: "Do you feel that boob stab? I can't feel it either, 'cause my boobs are so big."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKnr8gdoxI8

ASUS EEE PAD TRANSFORMER
On a more serious and far more practical note... pretty neat!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5xW3NhdjqI
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Android May Be the Greatest Legal Destruction of Wealth in History

Bill Gurley — Bill Gurley thinks that Android is an unstoppable freight train that will prevail against all its rivals. For Google, Android is not even a product with a business plan. It's just a weapon at the service of their master domination strategy, a way to destroy any potential threats that may eventually kill their search monster. This is how they are doing it and the potential consequences.
So here is the kicker. Android, as well as Chrome and Chrome OS for that matter, are not "products" in the classic business sense. They have no plan to become their own "economic castles." Rather they are very expensive and very aggressive "moats," funded by the height and magnitude of Google's castle. Google's aim is defensive not offensive. They are not trying to make a profit on Android or Chrome. They want to take any layer that lives between themselves and the consumer and make it free (or even less than free). Because these layers are basically software products with no variable costs, this is a very viable defensive strategy. In essence, they are not just building a moat; Google is also scorching the earth for 250 miles around the outside of the castle to ensure no one can approach it. And best I can tell, they are doing a damn good job of it.
http://gizmodo.com/#!5785983/android...lth-in-history

What say you, fellow androidfags?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
http://gizmodo.com/#!5785983/android...lth-in-history

What say you, fellow androidfags?
Completely agree. Google's business model is to make there user beta testers and not to have a beta testing process and them agree to do this and have development move incredibly fast. If a google product fails not a problem because all of there products are add supported and they can just make another one. Face it Google is unstoppable.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Completely agree. Google's business model is to make there user beta testers and not to have a beta testing process and them agree to do this and have development move incredibly fast. If a google product fails not a problem because all of there products are add supported and they can just make another one. Face it Google is unstoppable.
not the point of the article, but yeah...

on the flipside, their 'beta' stuffs are generally more useful, usable and stable than the competitors.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
That article reads a lot like a conspiracy theory.

Any company worth its salt has contingencies and a diverse and complimentary product/service offering to increase revenue and buffer for the changing times.

Oh, and the 'destruction of wealth' is ridiculous. Wealth is byproduct of productivity, in fact this is the very measure of a nations wealth (GDP). This is why 'free' OSS (eg. linux), open standards (eg. web), or academic information (eg. academic papers), or repositories of information (eg. libraries/wiki) can increase wealth dramatically more than proprietary systems -- it lowers the cost of entry and innovation all the while speeding up technological advancement. In other words: less time, more productivity. It's value cannot be measured directly as its cost is 0.

But thanks for the article. It's a reminder why I can continue to ignore Gizmodo.

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2011-03-27 at 14:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy