Active Topics

Notices

Just one question, when the app would be ready? (approximately)

To install via extras.

Grettings.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by neboja View Post
no one seems to read my post dough....
i read it, the one about avatar, right?
I am trying to get the rest of the issues worked out before I move into that, because, IMO it might be difficult to get avatar working without manual cropping of pic. Let us see.
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Just one question, when the app would be ready? (approximately)

To install via extras.

Grettings.
I am trying to get the app into extras-devel, but there are some problems as they expect me to have a complete environment with SDK setup, while all I have is my N900 to develop the scripts.
Again, Let us see.

BTW, I have uploaded repacked themes to the wiki. All themes downloaded from the wiki should work now. I do not guarantee that themes downloaded from the actual thread may work. If a theme does not work, please drop in a request to get it repacked.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
i read it, the one about avatar, right?
I am trying to get the rest of the issues worked out before I move into that, because, IMO it might be difficult to get avatar working without manual cropping of pic. Let us see.
yes... as i was saying about that: there, you already picked and cropped image for avatar.... i suggested that because, i think that you can just use that info, and find where ever it is in the system.... and implement it back into your app (a lot simpler)
cheers and keep up the work

I am not able to change the background color... plzzz help...

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
i am not being able to change the name..but success in changing the color of the background

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
You should take a look at my AwOken Icon Theme apps source. I have gone by the same path as you. Starting with bash, then start using zenity and now PyQT.

What i have done is simply making an GUI in QT Developer then convert it to python with "pyuic4 -x awoken.ui -o awoken.py" and lastly make the buttons in the UI call an bash script.

So i am basically still using bash for my app.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
lol, cool hunk and cute hunk eh? Wonder where the hot ugly hunk is...

Originally Posted by CooL_HunK View Post
I am not able to change the background color... plzzz help...
Which theme are you using? I will check it out and try to fix it. Are other options working?

Originally Posted by cutehunk04 View Post
i am not being able to change the name..but success in changing the color of the background
As I have answered a few posts back, if the theme does not show our name by default, the 'Change Name' option will not add it. It will only change the name IF it is already there.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
You should take a look at my AwOken Icon Theme apps source. I have gone by the same path as you. Starting with bash, then start using zenity and now PyQT.

What i have done is simply making an GUI in QT Developer then convert it to python with "pyuic4 -x awoken.ui -o awoken.py" and lastly make the buttons in the UI call an bash script.

So i am basically still using bash for my app.
Haha, nice to know I have a kindred spirit. Thanks for the tip in how to proceed. I will look into it and, i hope you wont mind me asking a few doubts now and then

BTW, is there any way to generate the .changes file from n900 itself as I need it to upload to extras-devel?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Haha, nice to know I have a kindred spirit. Thanks for the tip in how to proceed. I will look into it and, i hope you wont mind me asking a few doubts now and then

BTW, is there any way to generate the .changes file from n900 itself as I need it to upload to extras-devel?
I never though it would be as easy as it was. I didn't take me more than a couple of hours to get the grip of it. Python is very sensitive on the tabulature but other than that it was very straight forward.

Hmm.. i am always doing that on my desktop that runs Ubuntu. But basically it should be possible on the n900 as well. You might need build-essentials installed though but i don't know if it exist for the n900.

I found this though: http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae...sso1_armel.deb

All i do to build the package is "sudo dpkg-buildpackage -sn -S" in the same directory i have the source. It will then generate the changes, dsc and tar.gz files. Then i just ship it off to autobuilder (extras-assistant) and the repos.

You can find the source of AwOken here

And i would be more than happy to answer questions. I am always monitoring twitter so there might be the best place.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2011-03-11 at 10:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Hi,

thanks for the great app! I'm having a little problem accessing portrait mode for this though, I have installed it within the app, but I'm not sure how to get it working?

Thanks.

Tags
conversations, modding