In spite of all the recent sad news, I have decided that it is not worth the effort to debate or talk about them any more.

Instead, I would like to thanks the developers who have brought N9 (and also N900) to the market, and into my hands.

They are both very well crafted devices, and had great potentials to cause great disruption to the mobile communication industry. If only... (well I am not going start on that again here).

I continue to be amazed by the two devices each day as I use them (with the N900 as the best "mobile computer" that I can whip out and use anytime). Keeping in mind these are products that never get the full attention of their manufacturer, and they still generated such interests and followings should speak volume of their greatness.

I don't care what will happen to Nokia from this point onwards, as I will just want to continue enjoy the use of these two devices until they stop working for me.

Having say that. I wish those developers who had a part in putting these two devices together (both hardware and software) would join this community (especially those who are no longer employed by Nokia), and share from their memory any tiny bit of information that will help the developers in the community to re-engineer some of the closed portion of the platform, so as to keep them alive and kicking for as long as there are any working handsets around out there.

You (the developers) had created these great devices form nothing before, you can do it again in the open source community.

If this community continues to strive, maybe, some "big corporation" out there might recognize the potentials and values of what exist here, and will pump commercial resource back here to create the next disruption to the mobile communication industry that should change the game from that point onwards.

Fingers crossed that my wish will come true.

Personal thought from just a Dreamer.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to t1nym3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
^

+2 (one for each of my N900s )

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Great opening post and so true, the N900 sadly never got the software engineering it so much deserved by Nokia and still it is better than anything else on the market as a mobile phone/computer even as it stands today especially with the help of this community.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Most of the meegotouch and qt-components development for Harmattan is open-source. This could be used as base for polishing up and using for great products.
Nemo shows the way how to make use of the meegotouch and qt-components stuff.