Active Topics

Originally Posted by bivrat View Post
pls any 1 tell me how it work cause when i run h-e-n

whn i run it......

your kernel no proper matching version of hostmode API!
version 20101110 required
kernel-power v46 is suggested

Error! Current kernel version 2.6.28-omap1

always show this messege.............
try:
root
apt-get install multiboot-kernel-power
then you can see power kernel in multiboot options. it works for me!

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Did you try this yet? (I repost because I edited it in to my last post, so I realize you may have made an honest mistake and not noticed it.)

Boss u great man....... i done...... only for ur support.............

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I don't think it's the backside of his N900 that needs adjusting. His head, on the other hand....

- Edit -

Go to the multiboot threads, and the power kernel threads, and read. Your problem is only indirectly connected to h-e-n. Your problem is that you obviously aren't listening to the fact that with multiboot installed, there are special steps you have to take before you can boot with power kernel. If you can't figure out how to do that, you don't need multiboot, so my recommendation is uninstall multiboot (or bootmenu, or both if for some reason you installed those), THEN reboot, THEN reinstall power kernel again, and then reboot again. If you aren't willing to figure out how to make Multiboot load the power kernel, something there's plenty of information on, then you should just uninstall multiboot. And if you go that route, you should go through all of the above steps. If you don't do them, in that order, **** might still not work, and then everyone will be less happy.

u r truely great man......... i love u .................

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
It may have been suggested already, but this "Micro USB Type A to USB Female Type A" cable from Digikey for $10/Ģ7 would be ideal: US site link, UK site link.

It's confirmed as working with the Archos USB Host Mode in this thread.

Or there is the official Nokia "Adapter Cable for USB OTG", the CA-157 (this is the USB OTG cable accessory supplied with the N8).

The CA-157 appears to be available from Amazon here for Ģ6.50 (plus shipping) but I can't find it anywhere else or from Nokia which might make the Amazon link seem suspicious but given past experience of Nokia accessories this is actually quite normal.
As I stated before, the N8 one won't work, different receptacle.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
bivrat: Glad I could help.

Everyone: Female USB to Male Micro-USB adapter.

http://www.meritline.com/usb-female-...--p-51507.aspx

I DO NOT (Edit: Can't think of a good reason it wouldn't, if the picture isn't lying, but I don't know all there is to know about USB ports/connections/etc) know for sure if this will work for the N900 with hostmode. I just ordered one, but I won't be getting my hands on it for a while (I'll be in another town when it arrives most likely, so it won't be in the same place as my N900 for at least a couple weeks). Their prices change somewhat erratically, but it was 1.95 when I bought it. Usually the stuff you get is good. Once a family member got a screwdriver with a bunch of different heads for around 2 dollars - the plastic box was broken, but the screw driver is good and usable.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-11-26 at 08:52.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Mentalist Traceur,
MohammadAG or someone else mentioned that it might be bit risky to put usb-memory or any other "lever" to to that connection. Itīs handy but knowing the shaky micro-usb connection itīs also bit risky because leverage.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
At the same time, how many people don't have an extra USB cord lying around? Male normal USB to female normal USB is a lot easier to dig up than male micro to female normal.

I agree with you to an extent - I think the N900 USB port issue is really very much a luck-of-the-draw(hardware batch, rather) thing - but either way, yes, you don't want to go sticking a giant hard male-USB device into that. At least, not if you're gonna leave any side of that equation unsupported. That would be bad. But I think it's still a versatility-increasing enough device to warrant linking to here. (That same site also has female-usb to female-usb adapters too, just as the one recommended earlier in this thread was, except I think it's cheaper. But that's another matter. There's also an ethernet-to-female-USB adapter in there....)

Anyway, my point is, I think it's useful enough. To each their own of course, and naturally, you shouldn't be handling any hardware if you're not aware of possibly bad things that could happen (such as excessive torque ripping out your USB ports), but presuming you have even one extra USB extender cord lying around (which I do), you can avoid the leverage issue by simply sticking that into the female end of the above adapter, and putting whatever peripherals you want into that. But at the same time, you get the option of something more compact if you need it, instead of needing to break out the cable just to plug in a tiny extremely light peripheral.

Being me, I think it's good to have a female-to-female USB adapter too, but each has their uses, and the benefit of having either changes with what other USB cords/peripherals you have. But by posting that, people get to know of one more option they might not have known about. Whether it's right/preferable for them is up to them at that point.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
I've just made myself a quick female-female cable (using the front USB ports from an old PC case) and I'm glad to report it seems to be working, I just copied off some files onto a USB key I had kicking around.

Great work guys, really glad to see it working so well.
(And thanks for the dev credit, can't actually remember what I did to help!)

Usb mouse doesn't work for me :/ I've installed bt-hid-scrpits. I can mount pendrives and card readers but when I connect mouse it doesn't react. Mouse cursor doesn't move, but mouse lights are on. Please help

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Please go to the support threads :|
Link in the first post.

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host