The N9 of my girlfriend has the problem of mixed sms. It started the 31 december a few minutes before midnight, she lost all her sms and then since this moment only a lot of sms problems. She send sms to a friend and the sms is shown in another discussion.

She's telling me that her iphone was better

The only particular app installed is N9QTweak. Is this the problem?
I dont want to flash the mobile. I already reset it but still have those problems.... what can I do?

i m the only one to still have this problem?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
enki71,

You are hit by a random unsolved bug that has affected a few people before

I can only suggest to try to use SMS backup from N9QTweak to backup your messages and read the .csv files on your PC to see if the smses are all correct then do a tracker reset (tracker-control -r) and then restore the messages. A tracker reset also deletes all your contacts and call logs so always backup your contacts first and disconnect from the internet before resetting tracker.

If you aren't sure about tracker reset ask but first get your messages out and see if they are attributed to correct senders.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Coimbra
As you all I suffer from this problem also. Tired of loosing SMS, I have copied the SMS to the PC using PC Suite, then deleted them all from the phone and then put them back to the phone.
I realised two things: on PC Suite the messages had the correct destination / sender; after deleting all on the device, one SMS was seen on the Nokia Suite as being still on the phone but could not be seen from the phone...
Looks like the storage of the SMS is OK but the client mess up reading them...
Anyway, now all the SMS are OK in the phone, even the old ones, until the next time the Messages Client of the N9 becomes lost again...

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on May 2013 @ southern germany
This problem occured to me when I started using Skype. I merged the Skype contacts to the existing contacts (as they showed up seperately), a few days later I got the SMS bug. I re-flashed the phone, didn't merge Skype & phone contacts, and it hasn't occured for 6 months now.

Can anyone confirm the bug without using skype or merging contact information?

I also have tried the beta Nokia Suite, but sadly got an unspecified error message when trying to back up the messages to n9. It's true that the sms show up correctly in NSuite while being mixed in n9.

Last edited by artish0ke; 2014-01-14 at 18:41.

As you, This problem occurs few days after I install a new skype account on my phone...

I just delete this account but did not reflash my phone (i'm a little afraid about doing it and did not know how to), reboot.....and I still have this bug.

So I think I'm gone have to flash it.

Do you use faster n9 or activate facebook chat option and merge your contacts without using skype ? I reflashed my phone and did not set up skype account but made the changes which I mentioned in my question. So far it is ok.

Originally Posted by artish0ke View Post
This problem occured to me when I started using Skype. I merged the Skype contacts to the existing contacts (as they showed up seperately), a few days later I got the SMS bug. I re-flashed the phone, didn't merge Skype & phone contacts, and it hasn't occured for 6 months now.

Can anyone confirm the bug without using skype or merging contact information?

I also have tried the beta Nokia Suite, but sadly got an unspecified error message when trying to back up the messages to n9. It's true that the sms show up correctly in NSuite while being mixed in n9.
Do you use faster n9 or activate facebook chat option and merge your contacts without using skype ? I reflashed my phone and did not set up skype account but made the changes which I mentioned in my question. So far it is ok

Update

-via Maemo Talk app