Active Topics

so i dropped my N9 and now the accelerometer is stuck always in landscape position ? is there anyway to recalibrate it or to fix the problem

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nkj For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by nkj View Post
so i dropped my N9 and now the accelerometer is stuck always in landscape position ? is there anyway to recalibrate it or to fix the problem
Most probably a hardware failure...Nokia Care awaits you with open arms

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Did you fix it...if so how?
I am facing the same problem now..

The Following User Says Thank You to roshan.ramkumar For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I experienced some strange behaviors like this recently probably caused by an accidental drop of my phone. I had to lock the phone in portrait mode to use it...

By using a level app and the sensor galery I noticed a constant shift of -90° on the X axis. I don't know if it was a calibration issue or if the accelerometer could have made a rotation in the phone .

BTW, as I didn't want to use the Nokia care services, I manage to fix it by patching sensord. I added a constant shift of the X axis in the libaccelerometeradaptor and now everything is working fine again. Crappy solution but the accelerometer can't be recalibrated by the driver, the function has been removed by Nokia .

Can you install the sensor galery app and told us what results the QAccelerometer sensor gives you when your phone lies flat on a table ? The level app can help too...

https://projects.developer.nokia.com/sensorgallery

The Following User Says Thank You to Tofus For This Useful Post:
how can i also patch the sensord ?

The Following User Says Thank You to nkj For This Useful Post:
I think i have the same problem to this unanswered question...seens like the best thing to do is live with it