Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
It would be much easier to me(and lot of others I believe)when I' m listening to music in n900. Together with move, copy, rename etc would be an option "add to playlist" for songs and maybe for videos too. Media player, which has this option, is not very convenient for me.

Someone to support this idea?

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
i do...its difficult to play all song when you cant add playlist

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
supporting that too^^

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Yeah! I like MEdiabox better cause you can play ALL the music in ONE folder. While the N900 media player itself sorts everything on titele/artist/album/bla and stuff -___-" that's so lame. But bad thing about MEdiabox is that it doesn't work as smooth =\ Would it be hard to do? like, long-tap on a folder in file manager will also give the option "add to playlist" or something.

i would like such an option too.

currently i use kmplayer to create m3u playlists from music folders
The playlists work in media player

Anyone else interested for that proposal?

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
This should be a straightforward mod for someone who is more familiar with the OS?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Like many of the components in Maemo, File Manager is not open source so only Nokia could implement it in File Manager directly. And as this is in Brainstorm, good luck with that...

That said, what the open source community can do is to implement it in libhildonfm2 itself. This is not, really, a good idea as it would involve the replacement of a system library and the best place I found where I could implement my "adding sharing of files to the file manager" hack (this was before I wrote Petrovich) was in the Details dialog. Not the most convenient of places.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-05-13 at 09:29. Reason: sp.