Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Now that the community is finally in control of the repositories, we should configure an official community repository for Harmattan, with the same structure that we have for Fremantle (Extras, Testing and Devel).

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post

To enable the repository:
Code:
wget http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/Harmattan/incepted-repo-enabler_0.3_all.deb
/usr/sbin/incept incepted-repo-enabler_0.3_all.deb
devel-su #enter root pass
apt-get update
I think I managed to install Inception 0.2.5. Must have, as MT-Toggles 0.0.1 is running. Applications show Aegisctl 1.3, Inception (sec.policy) and Inception (utilities). Also the Inception installer is still there, I guess I could get rid of it.

Now, to update I tried to install the repo. Both in normal shell as in devel-su I get
gpg: fatal: can't create directory 'home/user/.gnupg': Permission denied

I tried to create the directory myself in FileBox, but then it can't create temporary files over there. General errors occur, permission denied.

Edit: Update is working alright. I think I had the official Manage Application still open.

Last edited by rob_kouw; 2013-04-06 at 22:23.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Now that the community is finally in control of the repositories, we should configure an official community repository for Harmattan, with the same structure that we have for Fremantle (Extras, Testing and Devel).
Sounds like a perfect segue into this thread...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89713

Does this repo work with open mode kernels? I assume yes, but I hate assumptions

Also, is there a repository or similar for software that would require open mode?